task switcher

January 17, 2005 6:45:42 AM

When I had my ipaq I used itask all the time to switch from one open
program to another. It was great as it was mapped to a hardware button
so easy to get to. Now I have an ASUS a730w and would like to find a
really easy to use task switcher (it doesn't have to do anything else)
that could even be mapped to a hardware button if I want. Any
suggestions for a good program to do this?

More about : task switcher

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:45:43 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:45:42 GMT, Jane Austin <janeaustin376@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> When I had my ipaq I used itask all the time to switch from one open
> program to another. It was great as it was mapped to a hardware button
> so easy to get to. Now I have an ASUS a730w and would like to find a
> really easy to use task switcher (it doesn't have to do anything else)
> that could even be mapped to a hardware button if I want. Any
> suggestions for a good program to do this?

There are a few of these around. I like Wisbar Advanced at
www.lakeridgesoftware.com - they have a freeware version and a paid for
version. There is also ICBar and about 15 others here:
http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/utilities_taskmana...

hope this helps,
Brad

--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

Jane,

Take a look at Spb Software House's Spb Pocket Plus. You can find more
information on it at http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en

For a complete review, go to
http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/spb/pocketplus-2-1/...

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Jane Austin" <janeaustin376@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I had my ipaq I used itask all the time to switch from one open
> program to another. It was great as it was mapped to a hardware button
> so easy to get to. Now I have an ASUS a730w and would like to find a
> really easy to use task switcher (it doesn't have to do anything else)
> that could even be mapped to a hardware button if I want. Any
> suggestions for a good program to do this?
January 17, 2005 4:18:49 PM

Reply to message from "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!\)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitchMon, 17 Jan 2005 05:57:46 (Mon, 17 Jan
2005 05:57:46) about "Re: task switcher":

CF> Jane,

CF> Take a look at Spb Software House's Spb Pocket Plus. You can find
CF> more information on it at http://www. spbsoftwarehouse.com/
CF> products/ pocketplus/?en

CF> For a complete review, go to http://
CF> www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/spb/ pocketplus-2-1/default.asp

CF> Regards,

CF> --
CF> Clinton Fitch
CF> Senior Editor
CF> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! http://www. clintonfitch.com

CF> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!

CF> "Jane Austin"
CF> <janeaustin376@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
CF> c2dmu09ph36mvhq5udmgl6jrk1h73fjqt g@4ax.com...
>> When I had my ipaq I used itask all the time to switch from one open
>> program to another. It was great as it was mapped to a hardware
>> button so easy to get to. Now I have an ASUS a730w and would like to
>> find a really easy to use task switcher (it doesn't have to do
>> anything else) that could even be mapped to a hardware button if I
>> want. Any suggestions for a good program to do this?

Personally I prefer magic button the most as a simple fast lean task
switcher. It shows tiny icons for your open applications on the top of
the screen, next to your start button. It reminds me most of the native
desktop windows task bar. It's small (40kb) and freeware.

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=680

Bye
Marcel <no@spam.please> Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:10:50 +0200