Apr 16, 2006
Hi guys
My friend have a plan to built new computer with this board, the questions are

1. The stability when overclocked
2. The max fsb you can get
3. Does this board support DDR2-800, 2 x 1GB double side 16 chips
4. Which you choose Pentium D 805 or Pentium D 915 ( Presler ) when oc
5. Relative issues with this board

My friend will go with this board because he doesn't need Conroe and AL-8 is discontinued.

Thanks a lot, any advice will be very important

Retroldschooler

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Hi Xlimit, I myseft build a system based on a Pentium D 805, overclocked to death (air cooled)... I can tell you this is somewhat a computing beast and can overlock very well due to the low base clock, but even at super blazing clock speed, the netburst architecture can't cope with the Athlon and P6 (Core duo) and is prone to overheating.

I used a Zalman 9500 Fan, which do the job, but this kind of CPU would need a water cooler to be really safe and unleach the maximum. But even then, I personnaly think that these cpu are more for server minded user, which need each core to be used, lot of I/O, as a gamer it is not a so viable option because its raw performance in games are low compared to the new Conroe and "legacy" Athlon already got the lead in games only, they are also lot cooler when running at full load.

However, if you're a fan of overclocking and dont mind putting a lot of Fans into your case, increasing Vcore and tweaking memory timings, this choice is cool and can perform really well. I got base FSB of 133 and I can get to 170-185 depending on ambient temperature lol...