Will Intel GMA 950 run Vista - well?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Intel
  • Windows Vista
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2006 12:17:54 PM

Yeah, that's my question: An Intel GMA 950 ingerated graphics solution in my notebook - will that be sufficient to run even Premium versions of Windows Vista?

The thing is, that I have also considered purchasing a notebook with NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 graphics, but if I'm not much into gaming but more focus on video, what's in it for me?

More about : intel gma 950 run vista

September 14, 2006 3:06:11 PM

Why do you keep posting?

Intel GMA sucks. Windows Vista will have cool 3D effects that you will probably want to use. 7600 is awesome compared to the Intel GMA.

Do you know that Intel spends about $8 per module in your laptop?

Why are you so anti-gaming?
September 14, 2006 3:14:17 PM

You should read my other post.

But just as a note, if u want to only do video encoding/decoding then ur going to need a better graphics card anyway, but why are u getting Vista for that?
Vista is like a mid-end game, it requires the same system performance as a game released around 2003 or maybe a bit later.

So why do u care so much abt Vista and not abt gaming? Its just a prettier version of XP, just like every new game is a prettier version of an older one, with some new features, just like Vista.

There is NO way that card will let u run Vista, because it actually takes away from ur overall system performance when it feels it needs to, and with Vista it will need to all the time (if not more), so getting a new graphics card is a must.
Related resources
September 14, 2006 4:19:12 PM

Ha, I find it odd that Vista can not run on GMA 950 when latest version of Apple OS X can with its special visual effects on Macbook & MiniMac.

But thats Microsoft for you! :lol: 
September 14, 2006 7:11:24 PM

Computers at school use Intel GMA 950, and guess what. It can't even play videos. So choppy, and crappy.
July 13, 2009 11:56:08 AM

Hello everyone. I'm running windows 7 on GMA 950. and it is running very smoothly.
July 13, 2009 12:52:04 PM

The GMA 950 will run Vista, but you won' be able to use Aero or anything that requires and small amount of graphics power.

As someone said XP will run it much better and as the GMA will not run DX10 I cant think of any reason to go Vista.

July 13, 2009 2:46:13 PM

Dear i'm running aero theme
!