Folder's Property window doesn't open???

I did an installation for Win XP SP2 on a NTFS partition that had been
created under Windows 2000 SP3. Everything went find during the installation
but I just found out that I can not view the properties of any folder in any
drive, including folders in drives with FAT32 partitions. I have
administrators rights. - I am able to see the properties window of a drive
with no problem.

Any one has any ideas? I can't find anything in the MS knowledge base.

joe.
pbxer@comcast.net
3 answers Last reply
More about folder property window doesn open

    See if a context-menu handler is causing this problem:

    Use ShellExView utility.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    <pbxer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OD8dcNnxEHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    I did an installation for Win XP SP2 on a NTFS partition that had been
    created under Windows 2000 SP3. Everything went find during the installation
    but I just found out that I can not view the properties of any folder in any
    drive, including folders in drives with FAT32 partitions. I have
    administrators rights. - I am able to see the properties window of a drive
    with no problem.

    Any one has any ideas? I can't find anything in the MS knowledge base.

    joe.
    pbxer@comcast.net

    I found the solution in a previous post. The problem occurs when the IIS
    Admin and/or SMTP service never finish starting (who knows why). Anyways, I
    removed IIS and reinstalled it. That fixed the Properties window that
    wouldn't open for any folder and also fixed Visual Studio 2003 which
    couldn't debug any applications.

[...]

    Yes. I was aware of that solution (by Doug Knox, MVP), and at any case it's the shell extension causing this. Thanks for the feedback!

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    <pbxer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OT%23rYbyxEHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
[...]