soupnatizzle

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
what will be the diffrence in cards that come dx10 ready? and how much extra are they going to be?

id like to know anything you could tell me about dx10 cards, i was planning on getting a x1900xtx card.

are new gen cards coming out with dx10 or is it the same cards?

how much of a performace boost is espected?

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
what will be the diffrence in cards that come dx10 ready? and how much extra are they going to be?

id like to know anything you could tell me about dx10 cards, i was planning on getting a x1900xtx card.

are new gen cards coming out with dx10 or is it the same cards?

how much of a performace boost is espected?

The current-gen cards are called the 7 series cards (from Nvidia) and the X1K cards (from ATI). These will be the last cards to only support DX9.
The new cards - the 8 and X2K series will come out in 2007 and will have "full" support for DX10, while the DX9 cards will support DX10 but will without certain unknown features.

The performance boost will come from 2 things in this generation:
- The DX10 software wich will bring about more features and will improve the graphics greatly.
- The hardware superioity, obviously the new cards will be more powerfull and will have more features such as PS and VS 4.0, and although very little is known, we can assume that the graphics that can be rendered by these new cards will be far more amazing then even what we currently have. So all the games will look a lot better and run a lot faster.

However the price will be much higer for the DX10 cards, being newer.
The current cards (that are still very strong, and will not be that much worse then the DX10 cards because of the minimization in technological improvements as time goes by), will cost 500-650$, when the top cards of the current series will probably cost 200-300$ when the DX10 cards come out, so u can even get 2 of them for the price of 1 DX10 card, meaning that its actually only the picture quality that u should look out for in the new cards and less the performance (on the same budget).

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
That question should be applied to you...

I mean that by thinking out loud i put 2 and 2 together and find out more.
Why would i make stuff up? :cry:

And then u come in here and attack me for nothing?
F*ck u and ur stupid anger, u know nothing abt graphics cards, getting a crappy crippled card without reading a review.

Can someone put this misserable bastard out of his misory, please?

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
I mean that by thinking out loud i put 2 and 2 together and find out more.
Why would i make stuff up? :cry:
That's what you basically said.

And then u come in here and attack me for nothing?
Explain. Please.
You said while you type, you "sometimes find things i didnt know". So how do you find out new thing with typing?

F*ck u and ur stupid anger, u know nothing abt graphics cards, getting a crappy crippled card without reading a review.
I know much more than you, that's why I got a X1900GT for the price of 7600GT. You would buy the 7600GT, since you're totally stupid, me, I made a wise decision.

Can someone put this misserable bastard out of his misory, please?
Last time I checked, I have both parents, so it doesn't make me a bastard..

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
I would like to see you prove that.

After reading some of your posts, you're full of crap, you'll be better off making your own forum, and tell people how to volt-mod cards, even though you never even overclocked one.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
I would like to see you prove that.

After reading some of your posts, you're full of crap, you'll be better off making your own forum, and tell people how to volt-mod cards, even though you never even overclocked one.

Yes i have, why would u say that?
Oh yeh, ur an insane idiot freak. May u burn in hell.

garnin

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Track, you need to calm down.

You're definitely entitled to defend yourself, but rampant cursing and name-calling is just childish.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
No way, keep fighting, this is kinda funny.

I mean, yeah, dx10 should be really good, can't wait. :)

Fighting? Im being attacked by this kid.

Yeh, did u see the comparison pic beetween DX9.0 and DX10 in terms of picture quality?
Its amazing! I mean i used to think that FarCry was realistic looking.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
dude tack calm down. just because he has an X1900GT dosent make him a bad person. it just means that maybe he was on a tighter budget than you were when you bough your card. and if he got his x1900GT at the same price as a 7600GT then he is smart. Am I a bad person for getting a 7900GT instead of a GTX?

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
No way, keep fighting, this is kinda funny.

I mean, yeah, dx10 should be really good, can't wait. :)

Fighting? Im being attacked by this kid.

Yeh, did u see the comparison pic beetween DX9.0 and DX10 in terms of picture quality?
Its amazing! I mean i used to think that FarCry was realistic looking.

Comparison pics? What comparison pics? The only DX9 to DX10 comparison pics I've seen were artistic impressions.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
dude tack calm down. just because he has an X1900GT dosent make him a bad person. it just means that maybe he was on a tighter budget than you were when you bough your card. and if he got his x1900GT at the same price as a 7600GT then he is smart. Am I a bad person for getting a 7900GT instead of a GTX?

Hes calling me stupid for haiving a 7600 GT wich ive never even thought of having, and i guess not of having an X1900XT, when he has an X1900GT.

Did u read the posts before siding with this drunk?

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I completely agree. A simple statment sparked into a fury of anger and finger pointing when the only finger being pointed should have been at the man (or woman) in the mirror.

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006

Hes calling me stupid for haiving a 7600 GT wich ive never even thought of having, and i guess not of having an X1900XT, when he has an X1900GT.

Did u read the posts before siding with this drunk?

Just to clarify. He didn't say you have a 7600GT, he said you'd buy one.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005

I say you'd buy one if they were same price, I never called you stupid. Learn to read.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
dude he said he got his x1900GT instead of a 7600GT and that was an educated decision. yes he also said that you would have gotten the 7600GT but he didnt acuse you of having one. and how do you know he didnt read review before he bought it. both of you are at fault but you track more so for fueling him. when you said that you learn new things when typing out your ideas he like I thought that you would be just making stuff up then since you didnt know it in the first place and you cant learn from typing but your explanation cleared that up. now would both of you please end it.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I guess there have been so many of these dx10 threads that everybody has stopped really caring about posting valid information in them. Anybody that really wants info will either use google or the handy search function in this forum.