spb pocket plus

January 17, 2005 1:37:05 PM

is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
any recommendations.

Thanks

More about : spb pocket

January 17, 2005 1:37:06 PM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:37:05 -0000, "Aaron McGrath"
<aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> removed the duct tape and proclaimed:

>is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
>any recommendations.
>
>Thanks

I use it for launching applications. I have four tabs with a total of
over 50 shortcuts. It takes a long time to start after a reset. Other
than that, it works well. The battery meter is really cool.

--
There are only two valid activities in this world:
personally attending to the injured and hungry,

Aaron,

I've found it to be a great application. You can read a review of it at
http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/spb/pocketplus-2-1/...

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Aaron McGrath" <aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote in message
> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
> any recommendations.
>
> Thanks

January 17, 2005 1:37:06 PM

Great program, The latest version has tabs for the today screen plugin. You
can place icons anywhere on the today screen, zip support, and the file
manager extras are pretty handy. all together it's a well used app.

"Aaron McGrath" <aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote in message
> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
> any recommendations.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:37:07 PM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:45:54 -0600, MobileRick <rcr682k2@email.wintu.edu>
wrote:

> Great program, The latest version has tabs for the today screen plugin.
> You
> can place icons anywhere on the today screen, zip support, and the file
> manager extras are pretty handy. all together it's a well used app.
>
> "Aaron McGrath" <aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote in message
>> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
>> any recommendations.
>>
>> Thanks

I agree with everyone else on this one. Use it every day. :)

--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

I just started using it, and am finding it quite useful, once reconfigured
for my own needs. I felt the default settings were a little over board on
some things.

It allowed me to uninstall 4 other applications that I had as it took over
their functions. most useful is the ability to put an icon on the today
screen for any executable on the ppc (and categorize them.) also, multiple
PIE windows, amongst other additions.

"Aaron McGrath" <aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote in message
> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
> any recommendations.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:26:52 PM

thanks to everyone, I will try it tonight.
where is the best place to buy the codes from. I'm in the uk.

"Brad Isaac" <admin@stopspam.pocketpcaddict.com> wrote in message
news:o pskq45twu25tyy7@blarneystone.belkin...
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:45:54 -0600, MobileRick <rcr682k2@email.wintu.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Great program, The latest version has tabs for the today screen plugin.
> > You
> > can place icons anywhere on the today screen, zip support, and the file
> > manager extras are pretty handy. all together it's a well used app.
> >
> > "Aaron McGrath" <aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote in message
> >> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
> >> any recommendations.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> I agree with everyone else on this one. Use it every day. :)
>
> --
> Brad Isaac
> editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com
> Developer, Achieve-IT! Goal Setter for Pocket PC
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:15:12 AM

I think you'll find it to be a good purchase. It's definitely not one of
those "use once - never use it again" sort of applications. You'll find
that over time, you'll use its features over and over again. IMO, it's
well worth the money spent.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

If you have a Handango or PocketGear account, you can purchase it
through there. :)

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
January 18, 2005 5:47:01 AM

In message <41eb94af$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net>, "Aaron McGrath"
<aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote:
> is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
> any recommendations.
>
> Thanks

Why not download the trial and "trial" it?
Personally, I liked the older version. The current version seems bloated imho.

Hth,
Dean
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:10:23 PM

With my x50v and Spb Pocket Plus I have noticed that my PDA runs full
speed all the time. The auto effectively is set to high and the
battery runs down accordingly.

Spd told that the Dell x50v is not presently fully supported. I do
not know when full support will be available.

Slwiser

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:37:05 -0000, "Aaron McGrath"
<aaron.mcgrath@amsjv.com> wrote:

>is this program any good, thinking about buying it.
>any recommendations.
>
>Thanks

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 7:34:44 PM

"Steven Wiser" <SLWISERR@erols.com> wrote in message
| With my x50v and Spb Pocket Plus I have noticed that my PDA runs full
| speed all the time. The auto effectively is set to high and the
| battery runs down accordingly.
|
| Spd told that the Dell x50v is not presently fully supported. I do
| not know when full support will be available.

When infers it *will* happen- don't you mean *if* support will be
available?
!