Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3700 memory card help

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 7:29:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello everybody I am having a technical problem with my hp rx3700 and
wonder if you can help.

I have a 256MB MMC card I use in my digital camera and thought I would
expand the memory/storage space on my Ipaq with it. However when I go
to the memory settings and storage card it says total memory on card is
96.52MB which I dont understand. Furthermore even if i take the card
out it still says memory on card is 96.52MB. Do I have a dud Ipaq or am
I missing something?
And yes I am putting the card in the right way round!!!! lol

More about : 3700 memory card

Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 8:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

If I did want to reformat the card how would I go about it? I have to
the format storage option in settings but it only alllows formatting of
the Ipaq File Store - or is that ppc speak for the storage card?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 9:52:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Looks like I got a dodgy Ipaq as I have downloaded the evaluation copy,
loaded it up and it says no storage card detected even though I have it
in the slot. Any ideas why it is not seeing the card?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 10:27:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Still no joy, have even tried putting the card in different ways but
every time it says no card detected. I should be able to use MMC right?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 10:50:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No, the Ipaq File Store is a part of the systems memory that is set aside as
non volitile (can survive a hard-reset). The easiest way to do it is if you
have a card reader on your PC. Pop it in there and reformat the card (FAT
16 or FAT 32). If you don't have a reader, there are several applications
out on the 'Net to let you do it. Flash Format from CNetX is a personal
favorite of mine. You can get more information on it at
http://www.cnetx.com/

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!


<cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1105968961.405538.218720@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> If I did want to reformat the card how would I go about it? I have to
> the format storage option in settings but it only alllows formatting of
> the Ipaq File Store - or is that ppc speak for the storage card?
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 12:07:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Try a soft reset with the card in the unit.


--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!


<cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1105973551.971669.207300@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Looks like I got a dodgy Ipaq as I have downloaded the evaluation copy,
> loaded it up and it says no storage card detected even though I have it
> in the slot. Any ideas why it is not seeing the card?
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 17, 2005 1:03:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I should have thought of this earlier. I don't think so. I think the 3700s
will only read an SD card.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong here...


--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!


<cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1105975667.387490.79760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Still no joy, have even tried putting the card in different ways but
> every time it says no card detected. I should be able to use MMC right?
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 18, 2005 4:29:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

rx3700 should take MMC card
http://h18002.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11960_div...

Check with the card manufacturer for compatibility between your card and
your device.

--
Email: developer@jointsense.com.hk
Homepage: http://www.jointsense.com.hk/
GMT: +8

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
news:o gD3L4K$EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I should have thought of this earlier. I don't think so. I think the
>3700s will only read an SD card.
>
> Someone else correct me if I'm wrong here...
>
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
>
> <cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1105975667.387490.79760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Still no joy, have even tried putting the card in different ways but
>> every time it says no card detected. I should be able to use MMC right?
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 18, 2005 5:38:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Its definitely a fault as I got yet another 512MB from yet another
manufacturer and no joy as well as a 1GB SD card, the joke being the SD
wont even fit the slot which obviously its meant to!!

So anyway I phoned PC World where I bought the device and their very
best in customer service 'not our problem its more than 28 days old,
all we will do is send it to H.P' so decided to give H.P a ring for
myself. Amazing service, its being collected tommorrow and will be
fixed within 5 working days, no problems, no hassle! Am surprised and
impressed with them!

Anyway, thanks to Mr Fitch for trying to solve the problem but I think
we can be 99% sure that its a hardware problem after all.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
January 18, 2005 12:12:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from "cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk" <cig_big_cig@yahoo.co.uk>
(Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:38:03) about ""Re: 3700 memory card help"":

c> Amazing service, its being collected tommorrow and will be fixed within
c> 5 working days, no problems, no hassle! Am surprised and impressed with
c> them!

I had a problem with a new 3835 and the sd slot not holding the card in
place (the latch stopped working). I called HP, they sent packaging. From
the time I shipped the unit it was back in my grubby little hands 3 days
later, no charge, working properly to this day. That is one of the big
reasons that I am answering this from a newer model Ipaq and not another
brand. (Not knocking other companies, just relating personal experience
with one ).
!