Unrequired copies when dragging.

I have been dragging and dropping images in Windows Explorer with no
problems since MS first introduced the feature .

Since installing XP and when using thumbnails in the view window I get
dozens of unexplained copies of images in the source folder after
images have been copied or moved.

How can I stop this time consuming and annoying problem, I realize
that I can use keyboard shortcuts but this is also time consuming
compared to correctly functioning drag and drop. The computer and OS
work perfectly otherwise.

Thanks for your time.

Alfy
1 answer Last reply
More about unrequired copies dragging

    "Alf" <gpw227162@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have been dragging and dropping images in Windows Explorer with no
    > problems since MS first introduced the feature .
    >
    > Since installing XP and when using thumbnails in the view window I get
    > dozens of unexplained copies of images in the source folder after
    > images have been copied or moved.

    I've had the same problem. It seems to occur most frequently when I'm
    working too quickly or I click in a slightly different place to drag a group
    of selected files. Haven't worked out the details exactly. Might be worth
    experimenting with how you select then drag files.

Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows XP