Unrequired copies when dragging.

Alf

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2003

I have been dragging and dropping images in Windows Explorer with no
problems since MS first introduced the feature .

Since installing XP and when using thumbnails in the view window I get
dozens of unexplained copies of images in the source folder after
images have been copied or moved.

How can I stop this time consuming and annoying problem, I realize
that I can use keyboard shortcuts but this is also time consuming
compared to correctly functioning drag and drop. The computer and OS
work perfectly otherwise.

Thanks for your time.

Alfy

"Alf" <gpw227162@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been dragging and dropping images in Windows Explorer with no
> problems since MS first introduced the feature .
>
> Since installing XP and when using thumbnails in the view window I get
> dozens of unexplained copies of images in the source folder after
> images have been copied or moved.

I've had the same problem. It seems to occur most frequently when I'm
working too quickly or I click in a slightly different place to drag a group
of selected files. Haven't worked out the details exactly. Might be worth
experimenting with how you select then drag files.