having MS Outlook and ACT! play nice on my PocketPC

January 17, 2005 11:38:59 AM

I use ACT! to track my appointments, contacts, et al, as ACT! is
significantly better (IMHO) than MS Outlook (with or without Business
Contact Manager, I tried it - didn't like it). However I miss the
"task" feature of Outlook. I would like to create a list of things to
do that week, pick up dry cleaning, cut my Mom's grass while she is on
vacation, et al. ACT! is rather cumbersome in this regard, whereas I
can create a neat check box for the above mentioned items. I tried to
enable the tasks in ActiveSync and received a message that I cannot
use ACT! and Outlook features simultaneously. So, is it possible to do
this, or does anyone know of a way to quickly create a check list that
I can sync to my PPC that will allow me continue using ACT!?

Regards,
SAB

"Excellence is the result of caring more than others think
is wise; risking more than others think is safe. Dreaming
more than others think is practical and expecting more than
others think is possible."

remove 'nospam' to contact me. Please reply to newsgroup. Thanx
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:39:00 AM

Have you considered syncing ACT! with the Pocket PC? I list a couple of
3rd party applications that allows you to sync the two at...

http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/mobilefaqs/ActiveSyn...
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

Scott Brooks wrote:
> I use ACT! to track my appointments, contacts, et al, as ACT! is
> significantly better (IMHO) than MS Outlook (with or without Business
> Contact Manager, I tried it - didn't like it). However I miss the
> "task" feature of Outlook. I would like to create a list of things to
> do that week, pick up dry cleaning, cut my Mom's grass while she is on
> vacation, et al. ACT! is rather cumbersome in this regard, whereas I
> can create a neat check box for the above mentioned items. I tried to
> enable the tasks in ActiveSync and received a message that I cannot
> use ACT! and Outlook features simultaneously. So, is it possible to do
> this, or does anyone know of a way to quickly create a check list that
> I can sync to my PPC that will allow me continue using ACT!?
>
> Regards,
> SAB
>
> "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think
> is wise; risking more than others think is safe. Dreaming
> more than others think is practical and expecting more than
> others think is possible."
>
> remove 'nospam' to contact me. Please reply to newsgroup. Thanx
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 12:34:34 AM

um don't use outlook, use something else, like phatware.com software or
someone else's if you prefer.

!