best Socket 939 MOBO with AGP

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Ok as the title state I wish to get the opinions of eveyone as to which Socket 939 Motherboard will be the best. and it must have AGP on it. I have a Athlon 4000+ and a 7800GS video card. Both were presents for me for my birthday in july. I had bought me an ASUS A8V motherboard and everythign had gone perfect for the install. I was able to play my games like never before considering i was coming from a Socket A 3000+ barton with a 5700LE video card. Well I have seem to run into an issue. I own a creative X-Fi Extreme music sound card. whenever i play my games I get this really loud noise with static with out of place noises like honking, a wrentching noise and other various sounds. I tried the sound card on my old system and it worked fine. i tried my old Audigy 2 on my new ASUS mobo and got the same issues. I have tried reflashing my BIOS which did nothing. Updated all drivers with still no affect. My Powersupply is more the sufficiant it is a 550W 28A on the 12V+ so thats not the culprit. I have also doen a full format and reinstall of my OS which did nothing. And I have told ASUS but have yet to hear back from them for about a week now. SO I am going to be looking for a new motherboard that has AGP (1PCI-E 16x is would be an added bonus but not required) I really do not wish to hurt my G/F feelings by getting a new MOBO and Video Card. She has already spent so much money on me to make me happy. so i beg of you MOBO gurus please help me.