what is wrong with the forums?

Mondoman

Splendid
My problem is that most of the time, the top menu bar (tg FORUMZ FAQ SEARCH PM etc) doesn't render properly on my Win XP/Firefox 2.0.0.3), appearing only as a single *column* of text along the left border. Very annoying!
Strangely enough, it renders fine in this Forum!

RichPLS

Champion
I mean really, who needs a monitor larger than 648x480...

Any more is overkill, and you are simply wasting your money...

I suppose the point is to get you to start running true multi-browsers running 4 browser windows on the screen at once...

eRazor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Holy fsck. All I can say is this is the straw that breaks this camel's back. Absolutely everything that made Tom's Hardware "Tom's Hardware" has been changed.

The articles suck, The site layout changed to what looks like a grade 5 computer science project, there isn't an area that you can go to without 1/3 of your screen being filled with irrelevent advertising, and now the forums are fscked.

Nice way to torpedo what was once the best hardware enthusiast site on the net.

Good luck pandering to the script kiddies.

mapex

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2005
interesting, the look of the forum when not logged in is horrible with huge ad space on the side. Once logged in it's mildly better. Still a long way to go to bring it back up to par with the old look though.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006

On my 20" LCD at 1600x1200, it fills about 70-80%. Windows XP, IE 6

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
Ayeee I'm so confused... I'm sure things will work out better in a bit, but right now all I can say is
funny_cat_pictures_73.jpg

lourson

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007

This shouldn't be the case anymore as ads on the right hand side have been removed when logged-in.