stevethecarr

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Hey I just built a pc and I'm having troubles with it starting up. Heres a rundown of the equipment.
Asus p5w Dh delux
MSI Gforce 7900gt
Corsair 1024 gig ddr2800
Intel Core2 Due 6600
Wester Digital SATA 250gig HD
Liteon DVD rom
Liteon DVD-R
Antec True power 2.0
The trouble I am having is I will boot up the comp and everything will be fine, I can look through the bios menu (note: I have yet to install windows) and then after a few mins the comp will just turn off. Then occasionally after that it will turn back on by itself but it turns on very slowly, by this I mean the fans will start spinning then slow down then gradually get back up to speed, same goes as for LED's on the fans. Then once it crashes again I won't be able to turn it on again for another few mins. I checked the PSU on another computer and It seemed to run fine, I didn't have it on for too long but it didnt shut down at all. When the comp is on everything seems to be running fine, the fans are all up to speed and the comp recognises everything. Someone help me!

stevethecarr

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
I checked the PSU on another comp and it was fine, Maybe the comp is overheating? What would be causing this to overheat though? I have the stock intel fan over the processor and I have two case fans on.

Sloehand

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Realizing that you checked the PSU on another machine, just out of curiousity, was the machine you tested it on comparable in specs to the one it failed on?

sailer

Splendid
it's not even close in specs. Maybe I'll pick up a different psu today just to check.

Not even close to specs? That just means that the psu might put out some power, but not enough for your machine. RMA the psu and get a new one, cause something's wrong.

As Shadow wrote, there might be a problem in the ram. If you can test that in another machine, do it. At the same time, ram probably would be causing a problem when you're just in BIOS like this.