Sign in with
Your question

Help with a Laptop Please!

Last response: in CPUs
September 15, 2006 3:24:48 PM

Hey Guys! im new here and the forum is great, lots of information, also im from Latin America so if i have grammar mistakes or things like that sorry...

Well, the thing is that im planning to buy a Laptop but i need help choosing one, my budget is around 1.600 Dollars (no more)... the Laptop has to be Dell, Toshiba, HP because those have service in my contry and I need to order it from the internet, so it cant be anything wear... The thing is that im confuse with the processors Intel Dual-Core, AMD or Pentium M, i dont know what is better... also I know the budget isnt much but i would like to play some games on the laptop (nothing great like Oblovion ) but i would like it to move some games...

Thanks for the help... if you guys paste links of the laptops (you know, from the "customize" seccion of the webs like Dell or HP) would be great...

More about : laptop

September 15, 2006 3:50:02 PM

Heres one from HP. The one I customized came out to be $30 over 1600 but you can continue to edit the custimization.
HP Dv9000t
It has a Core 2 Duo processor which is the best mobile processor to date and the Centrino technology is really good with saving battery life.
Hope this was helpful.
September 15, 2006 5:05:56 PM

i cant see the selection, the link send me to the customize choice but thats a good base laptop... i customize it and this is what i get...

Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2250 (1.73 GHz)
17.0" WXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)
512MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7600
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)
120 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

$1.599

What do you think? good enough to play a bit ? is that a good graphic card?

Also, another quick question... i was told that the wireless network or whaterever its called has to be Generation G cuz thats the one I need here for the best performance of the internet conection... i dont understand that... is this component what I need : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection ...

Thanks!
Related resources
September 15, 2006 5:17:01 PM

Don't expect to play heavy games like FEAR or Oblivion on it. But the customization that you have is the one one level above what I'm using right now (dv8000 with a AMD Turion64 @ 2.2GHz) and I can play World of Warcraft and NFS most wanted on this notebook so, I guess yours works great with most other games.
Have fun.
EDIT;
It comes with intergrated wireless. The basic wifi device inside will cover the 802.11 G (or Generation G) so theres not much to worry about. Only if you have a wireless connection and the hardware that goes with it.
Espero que usted se divierte con su nueva computadora personal y no se olvida de permitirnos saber cómo que trabaja para usted.
September 15, 2006 5:46:52 PM

Jajajaja! Gracias...!

Thanks! yeah Im thinking on running games like NFSU2, Morrowind (less than oblivion) some football managers nothing from the other world....

and the graphic card its ok?
September 15, 2006 6:08:45 PM

Sí la tarjeta de gráfica es más que bien. Tengo la 128 tarjeta del megaocteto ATI y manejo todo esos juegos perfectamente.
Just remember that laptops get really hot when you play games and just where the heat is on you.
El hombre que sus cojenes asarán como carbón
Ja
!