masterkrhom

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
If i say i have:
e6600
MSI p965 NEO
1900 XTX
2G memory DDR2 667
its not OC and i wnat your advice not know who better its just i want to know if im in the norms for this config :) Tx in advance.

3D mark in 1280/1024 = 5994
3D mark in 1024/768 = 6889

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Anyway, I dont want to get into this again. Sincerely though, a 800 point jump in my score meant the world of a difference to me (IN GAMEPLAY). I immediately noticed it. Frags in FEAR went up huge. It was worth asking about, and taking the time to fix up. Maybe you've had different experiences. Thats ok. No need to get all defensive about it. Let it be. Help the guy out. Move on.

Good luck man. Hope my thread helped.

crapback

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
now you're all makin me feel much better about the system i built just a few short months before conroe made it's appearance on the market...

this is my setup

4800x2 stock
sapphire x1900xtx at around 641Mhz according to ati overdrive
2 gigs of corsair xms cmx1024-3200cpt ram...which won't run at cas 2 btw
dfi cfx 3200 mobo
antec neo550he
x-fi xtreme music
swiftec apex ultra+ cooling system
3 wd wd2500ks sata2 drives
assorted other crap

anywho, without shutting down any of my normal apps, i can score 5800pts in 3dmark06 repeatedly, and the best part is i have yet to see the reported load temp on my gpu reach 45 degrees celsius...

mind you all, this is in no means a post to wave my knickers n anyones face... it's just that i was all pissed off when not long after i spent all that money on my new system, the whole conroe wave of "the second coming" hit the market, so i was kinda pissed that might have wasted quite a bit of cash...

so all in all, i kinda wish that i had known about the conroe before i made my purchase, but seeing as how i am not so far off, with my almost stock amd system, in the 3d realm... i guess my timing wasn't all that bad...

although everytime i upgrade my gear, i swear the prices are less than half within 6 weeks, no matter when i do it... damn market

to sum up my ramblings, i guess i can live with my system until the dx10 wave hits the gaming scene, and who knows, if amd doesn't come up with a cpu to trump the c2d, i might just have to look to the blue side...

till then, my viewsonic vp930b only runs at 1280x1024 native, so what my system will run any game out there more than fast enough to satisfy me

oh ya, a word to the uh, not so wise yet, the best gaming system doesn't make you a better gamer...you just get to see better effects when you die

masterkrhom

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Ok all tx a lot its just i received my new PC one day ago :) So i do full test on it to be sure its what i want Tx a lot for your comment :)