GavinLeigh

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Did you know that a PC with a 500w power supply produces so much carbon dioxide ( from the energy it uses ) that if you left it on 24hrs a day for a year... it would take 1000 trees to remove the CO2 it produced.

So if you wonder why the planet has been acting weird recently consider turning off those power hungry items when you aren't using them.

Just a thought to our younger readers... who might want a planet for their children in the future.

If thats so, then do your part and turn off your PC. Now
EDIT: Throw it out the window while your at it. you can never be too safe when it comes to nature! Now take your head and shove it up your ass. You'll be safe from global warming there.

Did you know that a PC with a 500w power supply produces so much carbon dioxide ( from the energy it uses ) that if you left it on 24hrs a day for a year... it would take 1000 trees to remove the CO2 it produced.

So if you wonder why the planet has been acting weird recently consider turning off those power hungry items when you aren't using them.

Just a thought to our younger readers... who might want a planet for their children in the future.

Quick everyone! Head for the hills! The greenies have invaded Tom's Forumz!!!! Is no place safe from eco-propoganda?!?!?!

dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Your argument is stupid even if it is true. Most of the CO2 that is removed from the air is not removed by trees but by green algae in the oceans. All the trees on the earth only handle a small percentage of CO2 so its a really bad comparison. You should be more worried about pollution in the oceans and not people who leave their computers on.

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Meh....six or a 1/2 dozen of the other.....Using my computer takes 100 trees to scrub CO2, okay. I guess I could stop using a computer and just do everything in pencil and paper......oh wait, that would probably kill 1,000 trees. Oops.

You should talk to cattle ranchers. Get them to stop their cattle from farting so much. Then I could run my PC 24/7. :wink:

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

Quick everyone! Head for the hills! The greenies have invaded Tom's Forumz!!!! Is no place safe from eco-propoganda?!?!?!

haha.....They're everywhere!

What about me with the solar pannels on the roof and wind turbine in the garden? Do i still kill kittens?

Punisher1024

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Jeebus, the real problem is cars and the internal combustion engine.

Well, if the american administration and other goverments hadnt destroyed the development of electric cars in the 1970's then we wouldnt be in this mess. By now, electric cars would have become mainstream if the goverments hadnt bought out the companys and destroyed all their work, all of it because they want to keep the oil industry alive because without it Bush couldnt fight wars, and the emir couldnt build his cruise ship palaces.

the worlds a crap place now, too many people spoon fed about what to believe, people who have lost their sense of identity, people who are not open to change and can never question their religion, teachings or goverments.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

Gah...you all have to realize, Cars are not that much of a problem. Cows produce a LOT more Green house gases than cars do. But do we hear people complaining about them? NO! Probably cos they taste too good....and all you Americans love your beef burgers too much.

And a quick question, why are beef burgers sometimes called "hamburgers"? Surely a Hamburger would be made of pork not beef....

Messer

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
His post is a troll post.

Do not reply to trolls. It is the only way to make them go away.

Do not feed the trolls.

4745454b

Titan
No, but I see a problem with birds....

I'd like to see some math on this. I'll bet he'd use 500W in there somewhere. Leave it to eco nut to use bad math.

Electric cars are a joke. Hybrids aren't to bad, but cars you have to plug in at night are worthless. Your still making polution at night when you recharge from the powerplant. (most power still isn't renewable/nuclear.) So smoke still rises, just not from the back of your midget mobile.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Yes, PCs are not environmentally friendly.

But the again, cars aren't either, but we still use them...and paper, and fossil fuels...

A human environmentalist is an oxymoron because the most environmentally unfriendly thing on the face of the earth is the mammal Homo Sapiens. If people were really looking to do the earth a favor, we would have to die.

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
then you've never lived in a cold country since here 8 months of the year we still need to plug our cars in if we want them to start in the morning :)

Mach5Motorsport

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
gee, computers are non eco-frendly? Hey thanks a bunch Captain Obvious!! :D

I guess the all the metal and chemical compounds used in the manufacturing process just sneaked by all of us! 8O

next! :lol:

TheTallGuy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006

Well, if the american administration and other goverments hadnt destroyed the development of electric cars in the 1970's then we wouldnt be in this mess. By now, electric cars would have become mainstream if the goverments hadnt bought out the companys and destroyed all their work, all of it because they want to keep the oil industry alive because without it Bush couldnt fight wars, and the emir couldnt build his cruise ship palaces.

the worlds a crap place now, too many people spoon fed about what to believe, people who have lost their sense of identity, people who are not open to change and can never question their religion, teachings or goverments.

Wow they destroyed electric car research in the 70s so Bush could start a war 30 years later. You are so insightful! It all makes sense now.

TheTallGuy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006

These are the kinds of asinine comparisons that make people hate hippies.

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
I have a 500W PSU and my PC doesnt use 500W of power but about 60W when it idles (I surf the net and listen to such stupid post).

You got your figures wrong!

+1 post for me 8)

Howard_Stern

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Having children is ecologically unfriendly. Living on the earth is ecologically unfriendly.

True environmentalists should not have children. Because all people affect the Earth in a negative way.

Alyarbank

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
The Earth will be here long after we as a species either
A)Leave it.
B)Become extinct.
It's silly to think we can destroy this planet. Ourselves...Perhaps....
But not the planet.

Ever hear of a thing called an Ice Age? This seems to have occoured long before Bush was born. Although I'm sure it was his fault too.

TheTallGuy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006

Wow they destroyed electric car research in the 70s so Bush could start a war 30 years later. You are so insightful! It all makes sense now.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
Oh My God!!! Global warming is out to get us!!!

When will that be?

We estimate, global warming will hit us, TWO DAYS BEFORE THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!!