Data Collection: Core2Duo MoBos Bios safety shutdown

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
First, this thread is not for anything else but specific mentions of MotherBoard abilities. I will ask for help from Moderators to limit and delete any discussions that result from the information that is given. If you disagree with someone, please respond to them by quoting their message and providing your data. Please include Bios version numbers on these requests.

Please list your Socket 775 motherboards that support or dont support BIOS based shutdown on either fan speed and/or CPU themps.

Please tell if your MoBo has the ability to do Fan speed and CPU speed, if the upper and lower control values can be set, and what Bios version you have. Incomplete data is better then no data.

Software Monitors such as Motherboard Monitors or Packaged Software should not be discussed here. These software rely on a stable machine to operate correctly, and in rare circumstances can fail to shut down the machine if it becomes unstable.

Data available for this very valuable feature is limited and should be collected.

I hope people can do this without highjacking the thread. I have yet to see a thread like this survive endless arguements and discussions, but I hope the best. PLEASE, NO DISCUSSIONS --- DATA ONLY!

Thanks
Mike

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Motherboard: Asus P5B Basic
BIOS Version: 309
Bios Safety features: Boot up warnings based on CPU range and CPU Fan settings. No BIOS based shutdown on either fan speed or CPU temps available.

Note: Bios Version 509 available. No test data available from user. I will update this thread when I can get data.