printer, clipart not working since SP2

Ever since I received SP2 on AU, my printer is not working (message window
reads: "Unable to communicate with multipass printer. Close and restart
computer") and I cannot access clipart through Word (message window reads:
"Word cannot obtain the data for the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5...[whole lotta numbers].wmf
link"). The only solution I can come up with is to pitch the computer as
hard as I can out the window before I pull all my hair out.

The clipart problem is probably a full cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete
files. Have you gone to the printer manufacturer's web site for support? Maybe an
updated driver?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jeff G." <JeffG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I received SP2 on AU, my printer is not working (message window
> reads: "Unable to communicate with multipass printer. Close and restart
> computer") and I cannot access clipart through Word (message window reads:
> "Word cannot obtain the data for the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local
> Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5...[whole lotta numbers].wmf
> link"). The only solution I can come up with is to pitch the computer as
> hard as I can out the window before I pull all my hair out.

lf its a Canon multifunction unit, this is the hotfix:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020
www.coribright.com