Want 2 buy MYST

I want to buy myst but there is a problem. I have win XP and the only
version of MYST that runs on XP (as far as i know) needs a dvd. I only
have a acd drive. Before i buy a dvd drive is there any way i can get a
cd version that runs on XP?

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<Dooglius@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to buy myst but there is a problem. I have win XP and the only
> version of MYST that runs on XP (as far as i know) needs a dvd. I only
> have a acd drive. Before i buy a dvd drive is there any way i can get a
> cd version that runs on XP?

I can't answer your specific question but IMO you are likely to encounter
this problem quite often. I suggest you install a DVD drive.
Nick.

Dooglius@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to buy myst but there is a problem. I have win XP and the only
> version of MYST that runs on XP (as far as i know) needs a dvd. I only
> have a acd drive. Before i buy a dvd drive is there any way i can get a
> cd version that runs on XP?

Check this thread for some tips
http://www.mystcommunity.com/board/index.php?showtopic=438

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

The version of Myst that you want is RealMyst. It is *so* much more fun to
play than regular myst, with a full-3D interface. They really need to redo
Riven with the new technology.

rms