Monarch Computers ---- AMAZING EXPERIANCE

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Wow, I bought my MoBo and CPU from Monarch Computers (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv) and I am aww struck by their service.

The product (Asus P5B with a duo2core X6800) was defective when I received it... It took a few weeks for me to instal it and start using it. It became apparent that the product was unreliable. When I went to return the product for a new one; I was amazed at their response. They payed for shipping too and from the location (included overnight shipping) and when fedex screwed up the delivery they were all over the issue. They spent hours answering my emails and calling me by phone. They delt with fedex, and corrected the problem.

Fedex service was really bad in this situation. They did everything they could to get me my machine back up and running.

I havent received this level of service from a mail order company ever. Their prices where also hundreds less then NewEgg... I am simply awstruck. I would never have writen a post like this before... and probably never would again... but you just got to use them for your purchases...

Amazing
Mike

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
*opens notepad and makes note, "Order from monarch computer next time for parts"*

*clicks File -> Save*

*computer reboots*

*computer halts at post*

*computer stops posting*

*takes gun and shoots computer*

*finds another computer and orders new parts from Monarch Computers*

:tongue:

How much does shilling pay, anyhow? I could certainly use the beer money.
If you had checked greenjelly's previous posts you'd see this is his only post about his experiance with that company.
I'd hardly call that shilling. Seems to be an un-solicitied report about his experiance.

Very useful for the community.

Thanks greenjelly :!:

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
Wow, I bought my MoBo and CPU from Monarch Computers (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv) and I am aww struck by their service.

The product (Asus P5B with a duo2core X6800) was defective when I received it... It took a few weeks for me to instal it and start using it. It became apparent that the product was unreliable. When I went to return the product for a new one; I was amazed at their response. They payed for shipping too and from the location (included overnight shipping) and when fedex screwed up the delivery they were all over the issue. They spent hours answering my emails and calling me by phone. They delt with fedex, and corrected the problem.

Fedex service was really bad in this situation. They did everything they could to get me my machine back up and running.

I havent received this level of service from a mail order company ever. Their prices where also hundreds less then NewEgg... I am simply awstruck. I would never have writen a post like this before... and probably never would again... but you just got to use them for your purchases...

Amazing
Mike

Oh, really. Go check the price now, if you said X6800 then I suppose you bought it when it first came out. At the time, Newegg charged high price for it, but now, they are the cheapeast online retailer. The X6800 is now retailed at their site for $983 while monarchcomputer is $1075. I understand that you had a great experience, but you dont have to include Newegg in here.

MG37221

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I've had only excellent experiences with MonarchPC myself. I've made several purchases from then and won't hesitate to purchase from them again. No affiliation but when you find one you trust and are confident in, that's where you spend your money.

I've several other favorites as well but this is about Monarch so this is my $.02 about them.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Wow, I bought my MoBo and CPU from Monarch Computers Their prices where also hundreds less then NewEgg... I am simply awstruck.

Hundreds? That means at least $200. Just want to be clear, you're saying that for the two items you listed above, Monarch was over $200 less than Newegg? I just looked at the 6800CPU and Monarch lists it for $1076. Newegg has it for $975.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Monarch sold me mine for 1035 + $10 shipping... Newegg had it listed at $1200...

Sorry, but early on in the game everyone was pumping up the price... Monarch remained solid... until their orders went through the roof... then they had to charge more (supply and demand)

Service on Return was amazing... have you ever had a mail order company pay for overnight shipping BOTH ways... on a RMA? If it wasnt for Fedex screwing things up, I would of had it in 3 days... as it was, I had it back in 5

Fedex did end up paying for Both shippings due to their total screw up... but that wasnt to be expected...

They put up with hours of my micromanagement and emails... They called me EVERY DAY! and I got the sales mans personal cell phone number...

Cant say anymore...

Then again, clueless will probably find someway to flame me...

suzukii

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I've had only excellent experiences with MonarchPC myself. I've made several purchases from then and won't hesitate to purchase from them again. No affiliation but when you find one you trust and are confident in, that's where you spend your money.

I've several other favorites as well but this is about Monarch so this is my $.02 about them.

TO: GrEeNjElLy & Mg37221
I know what you guys have been through as of recently.
I had a similar experience with Newegg.com, ZipZoomFly.com, Buy.com & TigerDirect. I think you just go to go with what works for ya & a little good luck.
I read everything bad from returns to defective items, to the wrong items, to poor tech support response, if any, from all four companies. I could no longer wait for the local shops to get my parts instock; E6600 CPU, OCz RAM, ASUS P5B, Mobo (now returned for a GIGABYTE DQ6 Mobo), ATI AIW X1900 256MB & UTLtra ATX Case with 500W PSU (which is about to get a PSU replacement cuz it's already bad), so I ordereded something from each of these companies. Each one was exceptional at dealing with the bad equipment & even paying for the shipping returns, (except for NEWEGG.COM & ZIPZOOMFLY.COM, can't win 'em all).
Of all four companies http://www.TigerDirect.com & their Mgr. Mr. Humberto were at the top of their game in customer service, understanding & support when it came to my dillema. 2nd place for me, anyhow, would be http://www.BUY.com. They took back a return, paid for shipping it back, no questions asked.

Newbs reading this should keep in mind that no new system build will go perfectly unless you order 5 of each part.

...just my .02 nanocents (what would be the symbol for this?)

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
well ive ordered from several companies in the distant and not so distant past, cant remember hardly any of the names, never had to return an item in my life

until this past Feb.

i ordered CPU/Mobo/PS from newegg
somewhere in the ordering process my brain turned off and i ordered a motherboard with a socket 939 instead of socket 754 - same exact mobo, just diff socket

Newegg made me pay to return the mobo to them ($11), but then discounted the proper mobo and used the credit from the RMA to pay for the proper mobo including shipping, i couldnt take a charge back to a credit card cuz i used a gift card that was an x-mas gift, they were very accomodating at newegg

all in all a great experiEnce esp concidering im the idiot that screwed up the order in the first place

glockman

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Never bought from Newegg..

Monarch - good experience
PCNation - good experience
Tiger - good experience
Page computer - not so good

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I've had a couple of amazing experiences, too with Monarch. Unfortunately, they were amazingly bad. I guess everyone can get it right once in awhile.
-Brett

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I buy from newegg all the time... and usually I have good luck... The prices are allways the lowest... problem is, that computer companies seem to be making products with higher defect rates... either that or the people who pick up the parts from newegg, run them over with their truck a few times...

I got to return another optical drive... which BTW, take it from me... I own and use many DVD Burners. Ive had bad luck with each brand Ive bought from... The seem to break really easily, especially if you use it allot. They must be made for the poor sucker who uses them to back up their system once a month...

Ive gone through 3 Plextors 2 Lite-ons (Which I dont use because of the Coaster Rate on them are BAD) and I just bought a NEC...

I have paid more for the Plextor, Liteon and NEC for RMA shipping, then I paid for the Drive itself... I dont think if I bought it from CompUSA they would take it back after a few months... (plextor lasted about 4 months to die, Liteon 2-3 and NEC was dead within the first time I plugged it in)

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I have paid more for the Plextor, Liteon and NEC for RMA shipping, then I paid for the Drive itself...

Have you got adequate cooling in the case? Dust issues? Any physical abuse of the drives? It's odd to see so many problems. I burn loads and loads of CDs and DVDs on a few of my PCs here at home and have gotten great life. I once bought a LiteOn that was DOA, replaced it with a Mad Dog and it's been bomber under heavy load. I've got a Sony that must be 6 years old and the box it's on is nothing but a CD and DVD copy rig. Still going strong. I even have a 10 year+ old Panasonic CD burner that is still running in a Mac. I am careful to keep them clean internally and make sure they have good air circulation. On the job, for a PC that does a heavy duplication load, I put in a blowhole fan and that can drop the operating temps of a burner by ~10C if it sits high in the case.

tken

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
It should be noted that Monarch charges a minimum of $69 for that DOA plan, while a few places will do it free.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
HardOCP did an aritcle on a monarch computer they purchased it and loved it. I have always had friendly service from them as well.

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Monarch sold me mine for 1035 + $10 shipping... Newegg had it listed at $1200...

Sorry, but early on in the game everyone was pumping up the price... Monarch remained solid... until their orders went through the roof... then they had to charge more (supply and demand)

Service on Return was amazing... have you ever had a mail order company pay for overnight shipping BOTH ways... on a RMA? If it wasnt for Fedex screwing things up, I would of had it in 3 days... as it was, I had it back in 5

Fedex did end up paying for Both shippings due to their total screw up... but that wasnt to be expected...

I had a similar experience, as Monarch had the e6600's at $333 for about 3 wks, till launch day, where they hit $379.

Newegg started out at ~$390, and wanted $40 more fore my new p5b-deluxe wifi MB.

Over $100 difference in my "low" end conroe setup.

They put up with hours of my micromanagement and emails... They called me EVERY DAY! and I got the sales mans personal cell phone number...

Cant say anymore...

Then again, clueless will probably find someway to flame me...

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I have paid more for the Plextor, Liteon and NEC for RMA shipping, then I paid for the Drive itself...

Have you got adequate cooling in the case? Dust issues? Any physical abuse of the drives? It's odd to see so many problems. I burn loads and loads of CDs and DVDs on a few of my PCs here at home and have gotten great life. I once bought a LiteOn that was DOA, replaced it with a Mad Dog and it's been bomber under heavy load. I've got a Sony that must be 6 years old and the box it's on is nothing but a CD and DVD copy rig. Still going strong. I even have a 10 year+ old Panasonic CD burner that is still running in a Mac. I am careful to keep them clean internally and make sure they have good air circulation. On the job, for a PC that does a heavy duplication load, I put in a blowhole fan and that can drop the operating temps of a burner by ~10C if it sits high in the case.

Too be honest... I dont care that they if they fry or not... Thats whats warrentys are for... And its impossible to get them cold when you got 3 stacked ontop of each other... Heat may be the problem... Then again... I claim defective design...

I also claim a TON of bad luck... The plextor I own is the highest ranking DVD burner I have seen... yet I have had bad luck with them... I bought it 2 years ago, and have a drive thats about half a year old... The warrenty resets when they replace them... which is nice...

Maybe I will have a DVD Burner for the rest of my life... Heck, I will call it a yearly lease which costs $10 shipping, and 2 week turn around...

Honestly, Manufactures who cannot build and maintain a HIGH standard of quality on their products deserve to loose money when their products fail...

Damn... 14 years ago, all Hard Drives came with a 5 year warrenty, and I never had one die on me... I remember when I bought the TOP of the line 4 Giga-byte drive... I still have that drive... and IT STILL RUNS!

I got so many different hard drives, in so many different machines, and I seem to have them die on me all the time... Its become a major problem... Infact they came out with SMART to warn you against HD failure before it happens...

I run (or did, and will) a UPS, because of the problems linked with Power and drives... Its been a noted problem that data is lost when drives shut off or drop in power during certain usage.

Optical drives are the worst... at least DVD burners... CD-Burners run forever..

BTW... Monarch Pays me MILLIONS for posting this single thread! <evil>MILLIONS I SAID! MILLLIIIIOOONNNSSS!!! HAHAHHAHAHAH</evil>

chrispyski

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I too bought a MB and processor from Monarch a year ago (4000+ S939, A8n-SLI Deluxe) and had a great expirence from them as well. They ended up being the same price as Newegg and threw in a copy of HL2 in addition to the setup.

Still use Newegg the majority of the time though.

quizzelsnatch

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
hm, funny, they haven't given me nearly the same level of service as you. They have yet to refund me 103 dollars from almost 2 months ago, which they said they would refund about a month ago. Never called me back, even left them a message, not only that, but they haven't attempted to make any contact with me since I cancelled their order. And if you look at resellerratings.com you'll see that many other people have had the exact same problem.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Too be honest... I dont care that they if they fry or not... Thats whats warrentys are for... And its impossible to get them cold when you got 3 stacked ontop of each other... Heat may be the problem... Then again... I claim defective design...

I agree and disagree on different issues here. I like my stuff to last, in part because that means it's being used within its design parameter. I hate dealing with warranties but at the same time I don't baby my gear. I've not had 3 burners in one case. I have three machines with two burners in each and what I like to do is separate them by one bay for better cooling. If you don't have a blowhole in your three-burner rig, you might want to consider it. They work great not just for opticals but for all air-cooled components. What I'm agreeing with is that makers do not deal with the cooling issue. Opticals hate dust so the units are designed to breathe very little. So they need airflow around the outside.

I got so many different hard drives, in so many different machines, and I seem to have them die on me all the time... Its become a major problem...

Same thing as opticals - if they run hot, they die. Air them out!

BTW... Monarch Pays me MILLIONS for posting this single thread! <evil>MILLIONS I SAID! MILLLIIIIOOONNNSSS!!! HAHAHHAHAHAH</evil>

You wish. But if they had of paid you, the bad press they got here would have negated the free advertising.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I wish they would pay me... Unfortunately I was just in aw.

Parts are available for optical devices to run at extreme heats. They may not be used... but thats not my problem...

I do hate returning items...

I think HD design has replaced reliability with expectations of better profits. 5-year warranties are useless for the last 5 years because the size of HD's have increased so quickly that the cost for NEW larger drives are cheaper then sending them in for a replacement.

I saw 80 gig HD's at CompUSA a few months ago for $10... I lost 2, 40gig drives that are still under warranty that I just cant bring myself to send in for replacements, because I would pay $12 for shipping...

Seagate just announced 2.5 TB drives in 2 years... So I would expect at that time the 750gig drives will be cheap.

I wonder why you would buy a 750 gig drive, when you can get like 8 250's for the same price, and a RAID 5 controller... its very weird...

Anyways, I’m off on a tangent... Monarch computers are a good choice even when compared to Newegg. If you doubt it, try to get tech advice from Newegg...

Mike

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I wonder why you would buy a 750 gig drive, when you can get like 8 250's for the same price, and a RAID 5 controller... its very weird...

Assuming you're realy serious here...

1) Space. Such as a HTPC where you need huge storage and have few bays.

2) Simplicity. A good 8-drive controller is probably $300 or more. You need a PCI slot for it and then you have to power and fit 8 drives. If you got the eight 250s for 60 bucks each, that's ~$800 total.

3) Look for sales. CompUSA has the 16MB cache, IDE version of the Seagate 750GB drive on sale now for $280. That's very competitive with 3 enterprise quality 250GB drives.

4) Speed. RAID5 isn't super fast. RAID10 is faster but you pay the price for it. A single 750 is pretty fast per buck at current sale prices.

If you doubt it, try to get tech advice from Newegg...
I try specifically NOT to get tech advice from the people I buy from online. Face to face in a store is still sketchy, but you can judge the person's knowledge easier.