HP Error message - PSC950

I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
getting the following error message:

INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.

Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

Sidkney
1 answer Last reply
More about error message psc950

    "SidKnee" <yza82REMOVE@SPAMTRAPukgateway.net> wrote in message
    >I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
    >just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
    >getting the following error message:
    >
    > INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.
    >
    > Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
    > OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

    The problem is you have bad cartridges. Return them for a refund or
    replacement. You may be able to clean the contacts as shown at:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060.

    Also see the following third party lab test on remans at:
    http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliability_ink.pdf, pages 12
    and 13.

    Regards,

Printers Hewlett Packard Error Message Peripherals