  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
September 3, 2005 2:25:41 PM

I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
getting the following error message:

INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.

Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

Sidkney

More about : error message psc950

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 3, 2005 7:54:52 PM

"SidKnee" <yza82REMOVE@SPAMTRAPukgateway.net> wrote in message
>I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
>just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
>getting the following error message:
>
> INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.
>
> Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
> OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

The problem is you have bad cartridges. Return them for a refund or
replacement. You may be able to clean the contacts as shown at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume....

Also see the following third party lab test on remans at:
http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliab..., pages 12
and 13.

Regards,