Flashed DS3 BIOS from DOS -- DEAD

digitalforce

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
I am flashed probably over 100 boards in my lifetime and NEVER have had an issue. I got my DS3 all working beautifully and tried to go from F3 to F5. I did it from a DOS boot disk. Said it flashed successfuly, I rebooted and NOTHING.

I have tried a new video card, reseating card, taking out batteries. Nothing. No post :(

Bitty

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I have a DS3 and have just solved a few problems by updating to F5. Sorry for your plight. I have nothing really to add from what you have already done except I have had some issues with SATA cables being very very flakey - a slight touch and no system. Is the psu okay, are the connectors to it okay? Really, though, it does not soiund like anything physical since you said it was running fine and you simply 'successfully' updated the bios. Sounds like something the new bios did/not do. Have you got spare ram you can try, maybe try different slots or just one slot? Take out all PCI/e cards but your video card. Unplug any extra hard drives, DVD writers, etc - prune the system to basic. And try again. If nothing happens, return the DS3.

BTW you did clear CMOS properly? You more than likely did, but just encase. Turn off and unplug the system from the mains. Wait 20 secs. Short the pins for 5-10 secs with a flat screwdriver (careful not to touch anything else). Start up again and hopefully Delete into bios.

digitalforce

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Hmmm.. I tried all that. Still, no POST, no beep, nothing :(

Has anyone heard of a "Multi-IO" card that you can boot a floppy from and reflash the BIOS?

Vernonator

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem. I have tried two other ram types and it did not help. What kind of power supply are you using? I saw another post which mentioned Antec PSU's may have some kind of problem. I am using an Antec Truepower 2.0 430 watt. I'm going to call Gigabyte technical support tomorrow as a last resort - otherwise it's RMA time!