*Solved* Initial Windows Install Issue, but new issue now

lucia316

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
EDIT: Initial Issue has been resolved, no I am having the issue in the post belown. Thank you to those who assisted with the first hurdle.

Hello,
I have built a new PC with the following components:
Mobo: ABIT AB9 PRO P965 775
CPU: INTEL|CORE 2 E6400 2.13G 775 R
Video Card: LEADTEK | PX7900GT TDH 256MB R
RAM: 1Gx2|G.SK 240 F2-6400PHU2-2GBNR
DVDR-W Drive
HD: 160G|Samsung 7K 8M SATA2 HD160JJ R

I have it all assembled, I have access to the setup and Bios screens, but when I put the Windows XP CD into the DVD drive and run the boot I come upon an error message.

It goes through the inital setup uploading all the stuff, but as soon as it says that it is "Starting Windows" I get the blue screen from hell telling me to run a CHKDSK and that I may have viruses or a corrupted drive.

It also gives me the following "Tech Info" of which I am unfamiliar:
Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF78DA63C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any thoughts, possibly a DOA HD? All other components seem to be working, I tried hooking up my current 80G HD, but it is an IDE non-Raid drive and the system was having obvious issues with it.

Thanks!

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
You may need drivers for your harddrive chipset, or you need to disable RAID support in bios if you aren't using it.

Same errors I got before I realised you have to keep the floppy in the floppy drive, after enabling raid at windows installation...

I assumed your real error code is 0x0000007B, though.

Mondoman

Splendid
I agree with asd; your MB should come with a floppy disk containing drivers for Windows to use during the install process (Windows should ask at some point for you to press F6 to install these drivers). If no floppy in your box, either the CD from the MB box or the maker's website should have instructions on how to set up a floppy with the drivers.

lucia316

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Thank you guys, that worked. I plugged in my floppy drive and ran the drivers. I got the drivers on and started the windows install. I got to where I setup the partition and formatted the HD. I setup a tiny partition and a very large major partition as was suggested to me by a friend.

The formatting was completed and it progressed, but then the system was asking me for another floppy to continue. I knew that I was going to have an issue, but I was at a stand still. I tried my Win98 disk and the WinXP disk to progress it, but it continued to ask for a floppy.'

Finally, I exited the setup as it wasn't going anywhere, I even tried a MSDOS boot disk to see if something would progress it. I then go through the initial part of the boot and get the:

NTLDR Missing message
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.

I know that this string can mean multiple things and has to typically do with the Bootini file, but I have no clue how to address this issue and get to moving on with the installation or to restart the installation process.

Any ideas? Thanks again!

lucia316

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Okay, after a bit more research I have noted that most suggest that I set the boot priority in the BIOS to the DVD/CD drive to re-roll the install.

I have had this issue previously on my old computer, but was able to address easily.

Any thoughts as to the approach above? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!