Still need a few COBs for C2...

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the "Pick
Up Norns" COB.

If I can't find them soon I'll make my own or maybe Malveka will make some
of them. (*hint, Mal*) ;`}

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

    "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the "Pick
    > Up Norns" COB.

    Can one pick up norns with Borg or am I mistaken? *runs to check, hoping C1
    won't crash*

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the "Pick
    > Up Norns" COB.

    I've had no-need for so long I wouldn't know where to download it, so take
    it from me: http://www.skizzers.org/scorp/NONEEDV2.COB

    there's a 'pick me up' cob on ambercreatures. I don't know if it's the
    particular one you mean, but hey. it works!
    http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/toolsc2.php

    -scorp
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "scorp" <scorp@nowhere.bla> wrote in

    > I've had no-need for so long I wouldn't know where to download it, so
    > take it from me: http://www.skizzers.org/scorp/NONEEDV2.COB
    >
    > there's a 'pick me up' cob on ambercreatures. I don't know if it's the
    > particular one you mean, but hey. it works!
    > http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/toolsc2.php

    Thank you VERY much! :`) *hug*

    Many of the old sites are gone now and searches on google show nothing.
    I beleive the no need stops them from getting the perk from SAYING what
    they need that prevents them from ACTING to satisfy the need.

    I'm wondering if I should inject the Sleep Restore too, Since monitoring
    their decision behaviors with Chris' Reward Tracker...

    And wasn't there something about the plant/fruit hybrid nature of those
    Tomatos, etc., that disturbed and confuzzled the norns? I think Martha had
    cobbled a solution for that, too.
    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the
    >> "Pick Up Norns" COB.
    >
    > Can one pick up norns with Borg or am I mistaken? *runs to check,
    > hoping C1 won't crash*

    I don't think I ever got BORG. Did it work?

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^) "
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
    Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    > > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the
    > >> "Pick Up Norns" COB.
    > >
    > > Can one pick up norns with Borg or am I mistaken? *runs to check,
    > > hoping C1 won't crash*
    >

    > I don't think I ever got BORG. Did it work?

    Sadly atm C1 will not for the life of it load on my Win2kPro computer... I
    shall keep fiddling, but if you like I can zip it and e-mail it to you? Um
    BORG1.exe I believe it's called...or BORG1.zip it would be of course...

    Let me know.

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eLOdnZCez7dSJJXeRVn-
    tg@rogers.com:

    > Sadly atm C1 will not for the life of it load on my Win2kPro computer... I
    > shall keep fiddling, but if you like I can zip it and e-mail it to you?
    Um
    > BORG1.exe I believe it's called...or BORG1.zip it would be of course...

    Sounds good if you can pop it into abgc... ? You wouldn't happen to have the
    source code for it would you? ;`)

    > Let me know.

    =`}

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eLOdnZCez7dSJJXeRVn-
    > tg@rogers.com:
    >
    > > Sadly atm C1 will not for the life of it load on my Win2kPro computer...
    > > shall keep fiddling, but if you like I can zip it and e-mail it to you?
    > Um
    > > BORG1.exe I believe it's called...or BORG1.zip it would be of course...
    >
    > Sounds good if you can pop it into abgc... ? You wouldn't happen to have
    the
    > source code for it would you? ;`)
    >
    > > Let me know.

    Source code....... umm... no I believe I downloaded it from the
    NornUnderground EONS ago... now that would be alt.binaries.games.creatures
    yes....? Never been there.

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eLOdnZCez7dSJJXeRVn-
    > tg@rogers.com:
    >
    > > Sadly atm C1 will not for the life of it load on my Win2kPro computer...
    > > shall keep fiddling, but if you like I can zip it and e-mail it to you?
    > Um
    > > BORG1.exe I believe it's called...or BORG1.zip it would be of course...
    >
    > Sounds good if you can pop it into abgc... ? You wouldn't happen to have
    the
    > source code for it would you? ;`)
    >
    > > Let me know.

    Alright, if it was* alt.binaries.games.creatures it's up there in BORG1.zip.
    Otherwise, apologies to those reading anything there lol..... though I only
    see 9 posts in it in Outlook Express

    Enjoy...
    Lemme know if it still works, it's really been quite awhile since I've
    checked..... think I'll fire up my vmware system to see if it'll run there.

    Have a g'night xOtix

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:y-idnbQMcds0uZDeRVn-
    3w@rogers.com:

    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eLOdnZCez7dSJJXeRVn-
    >> tg@rogers.com:
    >>
    >> > Sadly atm C1 will not for the life of it load on my Win2kPro
    computer...
    >> > shall keep fiddling, but if you like I can zip it and e-mail it to you?
    >> Um
    >> > BORG1.exe I believe it's called...or BORG1.zip it would be of course...
    >>
    >> Sounds good if you can pop it into abgc... ? You wouldn't happen to have
    > the
    >> source code for it would you? ;`)
    >>
    >> > Let me know.
    >

    > Alright, if it was* alt.binaries.games.creatures it's up there in
    BORG1.zip.
    > Otherwise, apologies to those reading anything there lol..... though I
    only
    > see 9 posts in it in Outlook Express

    I see none. =`(

    Lets see... you posted it there on Wednesday, I was away and must have
    missed it. (sigh) Maybe my server did a purge or something.

    Thanks for trying anyway, Jim. *hugs*

    > Enjoy...
    > Lemme know if it still works, it's really been quite awhile since I've
    > checked..... think I'll fire up my vmware system to see if it'll run
    there.

    And how did that go?

    > Have a g'night xOtix

    Thanks! I did. =)

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Martha Brummett's "no-need" COB and her edible seaweed one; and the "Pick
    >> Up Norns" COB.
    >
    > Can one pick up norns with Borg or am I mistaken? *runs to check, hoping
    > C1
    > won't crash*
    >

    >> If I can't find them soon I'll make my own or maybe Malveka will make
    >> some
    >> of them. (*hint, Mal*) ;`}
    >

    > --
    > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > boring...
    >
    > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    > gold'
    > ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!

    I just use the cheats (activated from BoBCoB) for picking up norns in C1,
    and my PickMeUp cob for C2.

    Don
    AmberCreatures
    http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:y-idnbQMcds0uZDeRVn-
    > 3w@rogers.com:
    >
    > > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eLOdnZCez7dSJJXeRVn-
    > >> tg@rogers.com:

    > computer...
    > >> Um
    > >>
    > >> Sounds good if you can pop it into abgc... ? You wouldn't happen to
    have
    > > the
    > >> source code for it would you? ;`)

    > > Alright, if it was* alt.binaries.games.creatures it's up there in
    > BORG1.zip.
    > > Otherwise, apologies to those reading anything there lol..... though I
    > only
    > > see 9 posts in it in Outlook Express
    >
    > I see none. =`(
    >
    > Lets see... you posted it there on Wednesday, I was away and must have
    > missed it. (sigh) Maybe my server did a purge or something.
    >
    > Thanks for trying anyway, Jim. *hugs*
    >

    > > Enjoy...
    > > Lemme know if it still works, it's really been quite awhile since I've
    > > checked..... think I'll fire up my vmware system to see if it'll run
    > there.
    >

    > And how did that go?

    Not well mwahaha... na, still tweaking it, but I'm becoming too busy atm to
    do anything further... would you like me to zip BORG1.exe and e-mail it
    somewhere perhaps?

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Ms-dnSGyc6CCnI_eRVn-
    tQ@rogers.com:

    >> And how did that go?
    >
    > Not well mwahaha... na, still tweaking it, but I'm becoming too busy atm
    > do anything further... would you like me to zip BORG1.exe and e-mail it
    > somewhere perhaps?

    Nah. S'okay. I don't need it that badly yet. ;) Thanks though.

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Don" <admin@amberz.nospam.net> wrote in news:denegf$e5i$1
    @nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

    > I just use the cheats (activated from BoBCoB) for picking up norns in C1,
    > and my PickMeUp cob for C2.
    >
    > Don
    > AmberCreatures
    > http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/

    Yes thanks Don. I'm using that. Its a good stop-gap. I'd like a combo of the
    one you made and the one that someone else made where you just had to right
    click on the creature to pick it up (C2) like when they fall in the water.

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Ms-dnSGyc6CCnI_eRVn-
    > tQ@rogers.com:
    >
    > >> And how did that go?
    > >
    > > Not well mwahaha... na, still tweaking it, but I'm becoming too busy atm
    > > do anything further... would you like me to zip BORG1.exe and e-mail it
    > > somewhere perhaps?
    > >

    > Nah. S'okay. I don't need it that badly yet. ;) Thanks though.

    aw no problem... will have it for another millenium or so on CD in hopes
    that I might find a computer that will run* C1 properly instead of dying on
    my 2000 Pro one (even with the NT Patch and the original 1.02 & 1.04
    Updates) :(

    In VMware Workstation it's just not the same without sound....

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:gvidnVJFJN3sO4beRVn-
    pg@rogers.com:

    > aw no problem... will have it for another millenium or so on CD in hopes
    > that I might find a computer that will run* C1 properly instead of dying
    on
    > my 2000 Pro one (even with the NT Patch and the original 1.02 & 1.04
    > Updates) :(
    >
    > In VMware Workstation it's just not the same without sound....

    Yep, sound is what makes it. =)

    Why not do a dual-install with Win98SE? C1 worked like a charm on that.

    --
    x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
    Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
    norns. 8^)"
    ..
    ....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
    nostalgia (most external links broken):
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
    < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:gvidnVJFJN3sO4beRVn-
    > pg@rogers.com:
    >
    > > aw no problem... will have it for another millenium or so on CD in hopes
    > > that I might find a computer that will run* C1 properly instead of dying
    > on
    > > my 2000 Pro one (even with the NT Patch and the original 1.02 & 1.04
    > > Updates) :(
    > >
    > > In VMware Workstation it's just not the same without sound....
    > >

    > Yep, sound is what makes it. =)
    >
    > Why not do a dual-install with Win98SE? C1 worked like a charm on that.

    Hm, a dual install with 98SE and 2k Pro? It's possible!? <grins a runs off
    to try... later>

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Jim Eha wrote:
    > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:gvidnVJFJN3sO4beRVn-
    >>pg@rogers.com:
    >>

    >>>aw no problem... will have it for another millenium or so on CD in hopes
    >>>that I might find a computer that will run* C1 properly instead of dying
    >>
    >>on
    >>
    >>>my 2000 Pro one (even with the NT Patch and the original 1.02 & 1.04
    >>>Updates) :(
    >>>
    >>>In VMware Workstation it's just not the same without sound....
    >>>

    >>Yep, sound is what makes it. =)
    >>
    >>Why not do a dual-install with Win98SE? C1 worked like a charm on that.
    >

    > Hm, a dual install with 98SE and 2k Pro? It's possible!? <grins a runs off
    > to try... later>

    Clear your partitions, create a 4gb (FAT32) partition and install
    Windows 98SE on that like you normally would. Then boot from Windows XP
    cd and install it on the rest of your harddrive (NTFS?!). Been there,
    done that. Not hard at all this way. Windows XP knows how to deal with
    Windows 98 SE installs, you'll get a menu on bootup.

    hth,
    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Jim Eha wrote:
    > > "xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:gvidnVJFJN3sO4beRVn-
    > >>pg@rogers.com:

    > >>on

    > >>Yep, sound is what makes it. =)
    > >>
    > >>Why not do a dual-install with Win98SE? C1 worked like a charm on that.
    > >

    > > Hm, a dual install with 98SE and 2k Pro? It's possible!? <grins a runs
    off
    > > to try... later>
    >
    > Clear your partitions, create a 4gb (FAT32) partition and install
    > Windows 98SE on that like you normally would. Then boot from Windows XP
    > cd and install it on the rest of your harddrive (NTFS?!). Been there,
    > done that. Not hard at all this way. Windows XP knows how to deal with
    > Windows 98 SE installs, you'll get a menu on bootup.

    Bwah grag XP! *will stick to much beloved 2k Pro* <g>
    I'll just edit my boot.ini

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in news:jLmdnTwREophmL7eRVn-
    > uA@rogers.com:
    >
    > > Bwah grag XP! *will stick to much beloved 2k Pro* <g>
    > > I'll just edit my boot.ini
    > >

    > It took me forever to make the move to XP from Win98XP. That was my
    > favourite WIN_OS. I still keep it on a separate slide-out drive for most
    > stuff on that computer.

    Hehe yus, nothing better than being able to compromise(word?) between Win98
    or XP on any day :D

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    xOtix wrote:

    > He said Win2K, not WinXP. lol.

    Well, I can only tell him about my experiences with 98+XP. So that is
    what I told him. I bet 2000 works similar but I didn't feel the need to
    point that out.

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Games Video Games