HP 1300 problem

Gordo

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

The non-profit organization I work with has an HP1300 that has been
diagnosed (by a printer repair shop) as having a damaged heat fuser roller.
An new one is $200 plus labor for replacement. Is there a way for us to
repair this at a substantially lower price. I am sure we would need a good
repair manual showing how to dismantle and re-assemble the printer, as well
as find a much lower cost for the roller.

Thank You,

Gordo

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"gordo" <None@phony.net> wrote:
>The non-profit organization I work with has an HP1300 that has been
>diagnosed (by a printer repair shop) as having a damaged heat fuser roller.
>An new one is $200 plus labor for replacement. Is there a way for us to
>repair this at a substantially lower price. I am sure we would need a good
>repair manual showing how to dismantle and re-assemble the printer, as well
>as find a much lower cost for the roller.
>
>Thank You,
>
>Gordo

Sounds like the price you have been quoted is for a complete fuser assembly
(Not sure what dollars you are quoting US$ ???).
You can get a service manual from
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp look for laserjet
1150/1300 service.manual. You will need to register first (no charge).
Then google for a local supplier of the part, you can buy a complete fuser
(110v or 220v depending on your local voltage) or just the roller (more work
involved - see the service manual for procedure). Go to
http://www.partsmart-corp.com/showpartformodel.asp?model=HP1200 for a list of
parts and one possible supplier.
Good luck
Tony

Gordo

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Thanks. I will look into it.

Gordo

> Sounds like the price you have been quoted is for a complete fuser
> assembly
> (Not sure what dollars you are quoting US$ ???).
> You can get a service manual from
> http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp look for
> laserjet
> 1150/1300 service.manual. You will need to register first (no charge).
> Then google for a local supplier of the part, you can buy a complete fuser
> (110v or 220v depending on your local voltage) or just the roller (more
> work
> involved - see the service manual for procedure). Go to
> http://www.partsmart-corp.com/showpartformodel.asp?model=HP1200 for a list
> of
> parts and one possible supplier.
> Good luck
> Tony

You can order a kit for this purpose for cca $40(35 Euro) + parcel costs.

You got:

Fuser foil + one shot of fuser grease + 5 ml of fuser cleaning solution.

--
Pozdrav

Adriatic

"gordo" <None@phony.net> wrote in message
> The non-profit organization I work with has an HP1300 that has been
> diagnosed (by a printer repair shop) as having a damaged heat fuser
roller.
> An new one is $200 plus labor for replacement. Is there a way for us to
> repair this at a substantially lower price. I am sure we would need a good
> repair manual showing how to dismantle and re-assemble the printer, as
well
> as find a much lower cost for the roller.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Gordo

Gordo

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Can you give me a URL (USA) or are you referring to Tony's message?

Gordo

"Adriatic" <a1@adriatix.hr> wrote in message
> You can order a kit for this purpose for cca $40(35 Euro) + parcel costs.
>

> You got:
>

> Fuser foil + one shot of fuser grease + 5 ml of fuser cleaning solution.
>

> --
> Pozdrav
>
> Adriatic

ME

In message <B4ydnSHz25FiIoTeRVn-sw@seanet.com>, gordo <None@phony.net>
writes
>The non-profit organization I work with has an HP1300 that has been
>diagnosed (by a printer repair shop) as having a damaged heat fuser roller.
>An new one is $200 plus labor for replacement. Is there a way for us to
>repair this at a substantially lower price. I am sure we would need a good
>repair manual showing how to dismantle and re-assemble the printer, as well
>as find a much lower cost for the roller.

Precisionroller.com might give you an indication. I recently had both
fuser rollers replaced on my machine and gave that website a quick
perusal to see if the price I was quoted was sensible (which it was).
This is a Canon machine and it wasn't the official Canon servicers.

--
Timothy