ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and E6600 Heatsink and Fan options

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
ok.. I'm tired of this stupid temp thingy!

I have a P180B case with an extra fan mounted in the middle to cool the ATI X1900XT and the northbridge. I was aiming for the "quiet" pc and almost accomplished this, except for ATI's stupid fan!

On top of that, Intel TAT states my CPU is idle is around 40C (that's with overclock to 3 GHz, but with speedstep, declocks to 2GHz idle)

But anyways, I figured I might as well get some new fans.

Let's see, I was going to get the Accelero X2 for the ATI card. comments? suggestions?

I was going to replace the CPU heatsink with either, the Scythe Infinity, Tuniq Tower 120, or the Arctic Cooling 7 Pro. However, I'm somewhat worry about how much some of these coolers weigh! But I take it that's why the manufacturer supplies their heatsinks with special brackets for that case

Lastly, the northbridge and southbridge. As of now, I'm thinking about getting the Thermaltake CL-C0034 cooler however, I'm not sure if this will cover the southbridge and still have enough room as well. But then again, does the southbridge really need it? Also, if I were to just get a regular 40mm fan, how would I attach it to the heatsink? twisty tie or something???

I'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions on this! Thank you!

Here's how it looks now

P8300003.jpg

P8300005.jpg

Vokofpolisiekar

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Let's see, I was going to get the Accelero X2 for the ATI card. comments? suggestions - I ordered on in the Uk over the weekend. Probably better 3rd party coolers out there for gpu cooling, but the x2 covers the gpu and memory cooling aswell plus it's dead quiet at 100% fan speed. I'd give it a thumbs up from my side purely of all round efficiency.

CPU and NB I can't comment on, got 975xbx with passive heatsink and proper airflow to itself and the cpu at stock ghz.