Looking for a case, parts for other case

achensherd

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a case for an mATX motherboard (doesn't have to be an mATX case, however). My budget is around, preferably under $100, and I don't want a door over the drives (unless it's proven to be indestructible). I anticipate some LAN gaming, so a case that's not too heavy, is sturdy, and small(ish) would be cool.

These are some that I've been looking at so far:

Ultra Microfly
Ultra Defender
Cooler Master Centurion Micro ATX 541
Antec Super Lanboy (despite the door and how butchered the case would look if it broke, the case still seems nice)

I don't know, any recommendations (from the above list or not)?

While I'm at it, does anyone know where I can find motherboard standoffs that are a bit taller than the (I guess) "standard" variety? It's for another setup - the case I have has those permanent standoffs in the case, but not enough of them to support an entire motherboard. Thing is, they're taller than the standard variety:

standoffs.jpg

they're the size of the one on the left - the one on the right is the "standard" kind. And no, screwing two of the smaller ones together doesn't work.

Also for the same case, I'm missing some drive rails. They look like this one:[/img]

driverail1.jpg

driverail2.jpg

I don't know where to get more like these, or something compatible with these. I've tried contacting the company that makes the case (HEC/Compucase), but I've gotten no response so far. Anyone know where to get ones that look like these?

Thanks!

achensherd

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
The case is made by HEC/Compucase. This one:

http://www.directron.com/6919.html

(they're out of stock)

No one on Ebay seems to be selling this kind, either - Compucase seems to be not that popular a brand or something. Their own site doesn't sell this particular model anymore, and they don't sell additional parts for their cases via accessories, so I'm sort of at a loss.

I can live without the drive rails... I mean I can improvise something if need be, but the motherboard standoffs... they seem a whole lot more difficult to find than a few years ago, and that's something I don't really want to improvise (don't feel like shorting the motherboard).