Pentium 5????

I'm not sure how many of you would remember, but a few years back tomshardware did an expose on a seemingly dishonest computer builder.

Well, I just stumbled across the site michaels computers and had a good laugh. The site even claims to have a Pentium 5 running at 6 ghz(as if advertising conroe's benchmarks wouldn't sell!)

If people really are that stupid and some sellers get away with it, then maybe I'm in the wrong business!

Hope you found this as entertaining as I did!
19 answers Last reply
More about pentium
  1. Tejas @ 6GHz...
    Intel has changed the direction already. 8)
  2. Quote:
    Q: When a client says “But what about support? We have always chosen Dell"

A: The United States Navy couldn’t have said it better, “Michael, I have associates who say they want Dell because of the support of when something goes wrong (laughing) and something will always go wrong with a Dell. And getting assistance was extremely troublesome. I went through the same thing with Gateway and Compaq. When you need the support, who are going to end up speaking with? The maker of the system or some hired phone support of Dell, who doesn’t even know the specifics of your system, but only by a textbook they have in front of them that may only solve half of the problem. I only choose Michael's Computers over any other company because it’s far better to know the maker and someone you can trust and is a Christian.”
    rofl @ the last bit
  3. Quote:
    INTEL 3800MHz Pentium 4 'E' Extreme Edition NEW!

yeh right old more like :lol:

Quote:
    ATI RADEON X800XT PCI EXPRESS DDR3 256MB VIVO(2X Faster than 8X AGP)

a x800xt in a $3780 sytem ?
    Quote:

1024MB Corsair TWINX 500MHz DDR Memory

okay i know ddr500 is not cheap but only 1gb in a system costing over $3000? you gotta be joking :lol:

Quote:
    Michael's INTEL MX8 2004 Systems are designed with the up to the most current Pentium 4 Processors. Additionally , all MX8 systems come with the fastest SATA-X hard drive solutions - One of the most overlooked considerations in purchasing a computer, but the smartest choice for speed. Combining Nvidia's or ATI's video cards and extremely fast 500MHz new memory XMS and TwinX, these are the fastest and most exciting INTEL systems to date.

yeh right.... THE FASTEST... core 2 duo could beat it with 1gb 533mhz "value" ddr2. (if you got the cost of a system worth $$3000 nowadays you could beat it easily )... :D
  4. 8O OMFG! They must have already gotten the 9800SE for PCIe!

Quote:
    ATI RADEON 9800SE 128MB PCI EXPRESS (2X Faster than 8X AGP)
  5. Quote:
    :lol:

Don't laugh; I heard that this "9000" series is the next-next generation of ATI vid cards! Bigger is better, right? 9800 > X1800 because 9800 is a very much bigger number. And did you know that "SE" designates the special edition?
  6. And do you remember this one ?

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page2.html
  7. Damn! This loser is still around...somone needs to get the Ask A Ninja Guy to go to his place and feed him apple pie! Then kill him!
  8. It does make you wonder who does buy these systems anyway?
  9. REALLY^10000th power dumb people :roll:
  10. You pieces of crap you! All of you! At least he has the sack (male genitalia) to start a business on the net. What have you've done, lately? Maybe post a few comments on THG & TG Forumz?

APRIL FOOLS!!! hEHe
  11. Quote:
    I just looked at that site and thought to myself WTF? This guy is a major ripoff. Any idiot that buys from that site deserves what they get for being too lazy and stupid to shop lol. Next thing you know they are gonna start selling core 2 systems for about $8k. This guy has to be the lowest of the low. And to think I used to feel that way about best buy and how they take advantage of people with the prices they charge for components like video cards and hard drives but now there is a new king of ripoffs in my book.

Best Buy is still up there in ripoff hell.
  12. Unbelievable prices for such great stuff!!!

If it was 2002, or 2003. LOL

This guy is plain crazy. The AMD system with a "rare" 4000+ is over $4k. Wow. He's got to quit playing those online SIM games, cause I think he's stuck in there.

How does one Optimize SSE instructions? And his scrolling claims from 1/04/2006 where his MX8 system is 2x faster than any Apple system, and 5x faster than any other brand. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, how is this guy still in business with such crappy products @ insane prices?!?
  13. Quote:
    Seriously, how is this guy still in business with such crappy products @ insane prices?!?

I have serious doubts that he ever was in business.
  14. Quote:
    I'm not sure how many of you would remember, but a few years back tomshardware did an expose on a seemingly dishonest computer builder.

At the end of that article, you can download a whole 10-minute audio file, in which the THG guy actually goes to the house of this guy and gets a 10-minute interview. All teh stuff that they guy says is total BS, and he's obviously lying about teh performance of "his" PCs.
  15. Quote:

I have serious doubts that he ever was in business.

True. It was probably a scam, especially with his claims that his systems can do.

I mean, c'mon...even the video cards are POS, and for the price, it's plain outright robbery. :x
  16. my favorite part is how the $3700 system has the motherboard specs showing

6 PCI, 5 USB 2.0, 1 8XAGP, 3 IEEE

along with the PCI-E card.

BUT wait! all of his computers are Windows XP ready!!!! its got to be a great deal then.
  17. The best part is the part about copying protected DVDs in one click. the RIAA and MPAA should hear about that!
  18. Quote:
    I just looked at that site and thought to myself WTF? This guy is a major ripoff. Any idiot that buys from that site deserves what they get for being too lazy and stupid to shop lol. Next thing you know they are gonna start selling core 2 systems for about $8k. This guy has to be the lowest of the low. And to think I used to feel that way about best buy and how they take advantage of people with the prices they charge for components like video cards and hard drives but now there is a new king of ripoffs in my book.

Best Buy is still up there in ripoff hell.

Yeah, Best Buy is almost always a ripoff and I pity anyone who actually believes what the salespeople there say, but at least they tell the truth and don't try to claim bs benchmarks off their standard integrated geforce 6100 graphics setups that come with most of their >$1000 systems.
    Believe it or not, if you pay attention to their ads, they sometimes do have good deals.
    Just don't let the salesguy try to sell you something better :lol: when you go get the ad item!
  19. Quote:
    And do you remember this one ?

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page2.html

That has to be a joke. Unlike the amazing Michael's Computers, I couldn't possibly find the page for ordering their crap.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Computers Computer