Trying Beam from Palm Pilot to Dell

January 17, 2005 7:47:45 PM

I tried to Beam a couple of games from a Palm Pilot to my hand held Dell
Axim 50. It appeared on both ends that the games went to my Dell but I
can't find them. Is there an incompatibility problem here even it appears
the games should have been beamed over to my Dell?

More about : beam palm pilot dell

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:30:14 AM

"Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
news:o TK5fiP$EHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I tried to Beam a couple of games from a Palm Pilot to my hand held Dell
>Axim 50. It appeared on both ends that the games went to my Dell but I
>can't find them. Is there an incompatibility problem here even it appears
>the games should have been beamed over to my Dell?

Did you say you're beaming games to your Axim? If that's what you're doing,
it'll never work. You're dealing with two different, completely
incompatible operating systems. Software for one will never run on the
other. It's like trying to install Unix software on Windows and wondering
why it's not doing anything.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:11:29 AM

Yes there is a compatibility issue, the palm is running palm os while the
dell is running windows mobile. The two OS's are not compatible and this
means that programs won't be compatible between them either. It's on the
lines of running mac programs on windows and vice versa.

rights...

"Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
news:o TK5fiP$EHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I tried to Beam a couple of games from a Palm Pilot to my hand held Dell
>Axim 50. It appeared on both ends that the games went to my Dell but I
>can't find them. Is there an incompatibility problem here even it appears
>the games should have been beamed over to my Dell?

January 18, 2005 9:25:07 AM

<< Yes there is a compatibility issue, the palm is running palm os while the
dell is running windows mobile. The two OS's are not compatible and this
means that programs won't be compatible between them either. It's on the
lines of running mac programs on windows and vice versa. >>

Eric,

Thank you for offering support in this group.

Clinton
-------------
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com
management@clintonfitch.com
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:51:07 AM

would text files work? i have a toshiba e740 and a sony tg50. i tried
to send a note from the 740 to the tg50. i didn't seem to work. i
wasn't sure if it was the os or my bluetooth wasn't working. any
thoughts?

john

On 18 Jan 2005 06:25:07 GMT, clintonfitchiii@aol.comspamme (Clinton
Fitch) wrote:

><< Yes there is a compatibility issue, the palm is running palm os while the
>dell is running windows mobile. The two OS's are not compatible and this
>means that programs won't be compatible between them either. It's on the
>lines of running mac programs on windows and vice versa. >>
>

>Eric,
>
>Thank you for offering support in this group.
>

>Clinton
>-------------
>Clinton Fitch
>Senior Editor
>Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>http://www.clintonfitch.com
>management@clintonfitch.com
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:09:36 PM

Yes... files transfer even though program files may be incompatable,
they transfer. Other files such as text, word, excel, images, etc will
transfer without modification so that if they are compatible with a
pocketpc app, they can be accessed.

You can also beam contacts and do "card exchanges" within contacts.

Using PocketFileExplorer, take a look in your "My Documents" folder as
that is the default location for transferred files.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!