davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Hi,
I just ordered a Zonet USB Print Server. I connected my HP Deskjet 3820 into one side of the USB print server. On the other side, I plugged in my ethernet cable which went to my router. I followed the instructions, but it didn't work. I set the USB print server to an IP address in my router (192.168.1.104). If I open my browser, and I type in this address, it comes up with the print server utility. It shows it has connection, but shows NOTHING under printer. I can ping the print server, and get replies back. I tried setting the printer up through a Standard TCP/IP port, Network Print Port, Internet Printing Port, with settings under RAW and LPR. I am having no luck at all. I just spent three hours and got nowhere. I followed the directions that I was given, and its not working. Do I need to use a different printer driver, than the standard USB driver that was supplied with the printer? Just to see if the USB print server was bad, I hooked up my Epson 740 printer, and it didn't reconize that either. Right on the box, it says "Detects USB printer automatically" YEAH OK.

My System:
http://amdgamingrig.dyndns.org

riser

Illustrious
Have you checked their website for troubleshooting and other stuff?
You did power the printer on, etc?
I'm not sure what the order is, but you might need to restart the print server, wait a minute, then hook the USB printer in.

I'd hit their website for troubleshooting.

ataridex

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2005
USB print servers now have their own printserver drivers that you may use to sync up with your printer's driver...if you set it up for standard tcp/ip, put in the correct IP of printserver, for queue name make it "L1" and that should work okay....