Help with a viruse W32.Beagle@MM!cpl

I open up an attachment through Microsoft Outlook and it open up this viruse

ginalocks wrote:
> I open up an attachment through Microsoft Outlook and it open up this
> viruse

Well, then, you deserve everything you get! You're obviously not running an
AVP or, if you are, it hasn't been updated for at least a year. You are a
danger to your system and to everyone else's whilst you're connected to the
internet.

If you're too stupid to

a) Install an AVP
b) Keep it up to date
c) Set it to scan incoming attachments

Then you're too stupid to own a computer. Suggest you sell it and buy
something more suited to someone of your intelligence - may I suggest an
Etch-A-Sketch or one of those V-Tech 'computers'?!

lose his marbles?

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> ginalocks wrote:
> > I open up an attachment through Microsoft Outlook and it open up this
> > viruse
>

> Well, then, you deserve everything you get! You're obviously not running an
> AVP or, if you are, it hasn't been updated for at least a year. You are a
> danger to your system and to everyone else's whilst you're connected to the
> internet.
>
> If you're too stupid to
>
> a) Install an AVP
> b) Keep it up to date
> c) Set it to scan incoming attachments
>
> Then you're too stupid to own a computer. Suggest you sell it and buy
> something more suited to someone of your intelligence - may I suggest an
> Etch-A-Sketch or one of those V-Tech 'computers'?!
>
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

The first paragraph was a rocket. The second was an unwarranted and
unjustifiable insult to anyone's intelligence irrespective of your jaundiced
opinion of same. You ought to be ashamed miss. You'd do well to remember that
not everyone has your expertise with computers.

Colin.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a
fool forever."
......Chinese Proverb.

milt

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2003

Miss Perspicacia,

And just when I thought you were mellowing out! Oh well.

Milt

coliboy wrote:
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> ginalocks wrote:
>>> I open up an attachment through Microsoft Outlook and it open up
>>> this viruse
>>

>> Well, then, you deserve everything you get! You're obviously not
>> running an AVP or, if you are, it hasn't been updated for at least a
>> year. You are a danger to your system and to everyone else's whilst
>> you're connected to the internet.
>>
>> If you're too stupid to
>>
>> a) Install an AVP
>> b) Keep it up to date
>> c) Set it to scan incoming attachments
>>
>> Then you're too stupid to own a computer. Suggest you sell it and buy
>> something more suited to someone of your intelligence - may I
>> suggest an Etch-A-Sketch or one of those V-Tech 'computers'?!
>>
>> --
>> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
>> lose his marbles?
>>

> The first paragraph was a rocket. The second was an unwarranted and
> unjustifiable insult to anyone's intelligence

It cannot be "an unwarranted and unjustifaiable insult to anyone's
intelligence" when the OP obviously doesn't have any.

irrespective of your
> jaundiced opinion of same. You ought to be ashamed miss. You'd do
> well to remember that not everyone has your expertise with computers.

Nothing to do with 'expertise' it's basic common sense (and the OP obviously
doesn't have any of that, either). I've nothing to be ashamed about.

Anyone who opens attachments willy-nilly, and becomes infected, is too
stupid to own a computer. End of story.

lose his marbles?

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> coliboy wrote:

> >> Well, then, you deserve everything you get! You're obviously not
> >> running an AVP or, if you are, it hasn't been updated for at least a
> >> year. You are a danger to your system and to everyone else's whilst
> >> you're connected to the internet.
> >>
> >> If you're too stupid to
> >>
> >> a) Install an AVP
> >> b) Keep it up to date
> >> c) Set it to scan incoming attachments
> >>
> >> Then you're too stupid to own a computer. Suggest you sell it and buy
> >> something more suited to someone of your intelligence - may I
> >> suggest an Etch-A-Sketch or one of those V-Tech 'computers'?!
> >>
> >> --
> >> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> >> lose his marbles?
> >>

> > The first paragraph was a rocket. The second was an unwarranted and
> > unjustifiable insult to anyone's intelligence
>
> It cannot be "an unwarranted and unjustifaiable insult to anyone's
> intelligence" when the OP obviously doesn't have any.
>

> irrespective of your
> > jaundiced opinion of same. You ought to be ashamed miss. You'd do
> > well to remember that not everyone has your expertise with computers.
> >

> Nothing to do with 'expertise' it's basic common sense (and the OP obviously
> doesn't have any of that, either). I've nothing to be ashamed about.
>
> Anyone who opens attachments willy-nilly, and becomes infected, is too
> stupid to own a computer. End of story.
>
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

I think it's rather sad that a newbie to this newsgroup who has made a
mistake (perhaps a genuine one) and made her first post here looking for
help, has probably now, thanks to your tirade, been dissuaded from ever
posting a question again in search of help. How do we know that the OP
didn't have a momentary lapse in concentration and immediately say "Damn, I
shouldn't have done that" or suchlike? I don't and neither do you! Even
pro's can make mistakes. So why do we need the scathing insults? Try keeping
your opinions of the intelligence of others to yourself, airing them here in
the way that you do serves no purpose.

Let's see....

Anyone who responds to posts in the way Miss Perspicacia Tick does is too
stupid to be let loose in a newsgroup.

I think that is about as fair and relevant as your reply to the OP.

Colin.

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:54:00 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics wrote:

>ginalocks wrote:
>> I open up an attachment through Microsoft Outlook and it open up this
>> viruse
>

>Well, then, you deserve everything you get! You're obviously not running an
>AVP or, if you are, it hasn't been updated for at least a year. You are a
>danger to your system and to everyone else's whilst you're connected to the
>internet.
>
>If you're too stupid to
>
>a) Install an AVP
>b) Keep it up to date
>c) Set it to scan incoming attachments
>
>Then you're too stupid to own a computer. Suggest you sell it and buy
>something more suited to someone of your intelligence - may I suggest an
>Etch-A-Sketch or one of those V-Tech 'computers'?!

Do you two have a "history"?

What a pleasant reply........

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:25:24 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<misstick@lancre.dw> in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics wrote:

>It cannot be "an unwarranted and unjustifaiable insult to anyone's
>intelligence" when the OP obviously doesn't have any.

How the hell do you know?

Personally, i would stack my actual computer conceptual knowledge and
computer file innards mechanics, logical and physical, and disk writing
mechanics against most people, but that does not mean that the "people"
might not run rings around me in some GUI interface with a rodent -- or
trouble-shooting a balky lawnmower.

Try keeping your arrogance in check.