costco papers and inks

the epson r300 uses 6 inks. some firms sell all six in one pack cheaper
than seperate. do costco do their own brand or the epson or both?

Paper.
Epson own top quality paper 'premium glossy' is quite dear. Do costco do
epson or an own brand besides kodak? I just bought 125 sheets of kirkland
for £20 from squire. Thats 16 p per sheet. once cut up into 4 i get 4x 6x4
sheets for 4 pence. Squire sell inkrite ink. If i buy a full 6 it costs
£12 for the lot. Leaving the printer on non stop and no cleaning cycles
means i can print shed loads. I should be able to squeeze out 10 per print.
How's that?
9 answers Last reply
More about costco papers inks

    To my knowledge, Costco does not produce a Costco branded ink cartridge for
    Epson printers. They do sell genuine Epson cartridges. They also sell
    genuine Epson paper as well as the Kirkland branded paper. At least they do
    in the U.S. I have no idea what they sell in the U.K.

    "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
    > the epson r300 uses 6 inks. some firms sell all six in one pack cheaper
    > than seperate. do costco do their own brand or the epson or both?
    >
    > Paper.
    > Epson own top quality paper 'premium glossy' is quite dear. Do costco do
    > epson or an own brand besides kodak? I just bought 125 sheets of kirkland
    > for £20 from squire. Thats 16 p per sheet. once cut up into 4 i get 4x
    > 6x4 sheets for 4 pence. Squire sell inkrite ink. If i buy a full 6 it
    > costs £12 for the lot. Leaving the printer on non stop and no cleaning
    > cycles means i can print shed loads. I should be able to squeeze out 10
    > per print. How's that?

    > Epson own top quality paper 'premium glossy' is quite dear. Do costco do
    > epson or an own brand besides kodak?

    Even costco in the UK should sell that kirkland paper made by that
    unnamed swiss company. The epson photo paper is less dear than their
    premium solution, but i'm really happy with the price and quality of
    that kirkland paper. Good stuff, be happy.

    > Squire sell inkrite ink. If i buy a full 6 it costs
    > £12 for the lot. Leaving the printer on non stop and no cleaning cycles
    > means i can print shed loads. I should be able to squeeze out 10 per print.
    > How's that?

    Are you sure you don't mean print-rite? That stuff will likely do the
    job but there have been reports of other users using it for the canon
    who have not been 100% pleased with the color. Where was that post...
    ah here we are
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=66927&forum_id=57

    No clue how their inks are on epson.

    Do consider opening that door on the back of your printer and
    re-routing that waste tube so the waste ink goes someplace where you
    can dispose of it, otherwise your printer will eventually blink and
    stop printing due to a full diaper and the service call for a diaper
    replacement is not cheap. If you manualy get rid of waste ink you can
    run the SSC Service Utility and reset the counter and continue printing
    without risk of your printer taking a leak on your desk. I know the
    r200 is practicaly impossible to replace the diaper without breaking
    the plastic, not sure on the r300. http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    The Costco store near San Francisco used to sell Epson glossy photo paper
    and Kodak paper. They dropped the Epson paper from their bay area stores
    and now carry Kirkland Glossy photo paper and still have Kodak paper. The
    Epson paper worked extremely well with Canon and I was upset when they
    stopped selling it, but the Kirkland paper is even better. I only ink I've
    seen other than OEM there is a universal ink that someone on the NG said
    was IMS. You are generally well advised to stay away from universal inks
    and stick with OEM or aftermarket inks formulated specifically for your
    printer.

    "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Epson own top quality paper 'premium glossy' is quite dear. Do costco do
    > epson or an own brand besides kodak?

    Even costco in the UK should sell that kirkland paper made by that
    unnamed swiss company. The epson photo paper is less dear than their
    premium solution, but i'm really happy with the price and quality of
    that kirkland paper. Good stuff, be happy.

    > Squire sell inkrite ink. If i buy a full 6 it costs
    > £12 for the lot. Leaving the printer on non stop and no cleaning cycles
    > means i can print shed loads. I should be able to squeeze out 10 per
    > print.
    > How's that?

    Are you sure you don't mean print-rite?

    Yes i think you are right. Using the kirkland i have found setting to epson
    premium glossy, best photo and icm quite close to screen. For bird shots
    with lots of yellow i have changed to photo enhance, vivid and sharpness on
    the middle setting. Its not spot on but it will do. I Have only turned off
    the printer 3 times or so in a fortnight, and mostly then was due to
    installing of drivers. I went through half a pack of jessops satin (50 in a
    box) half a pack or so of fuji (40 in a box) 6 or 7 pages of odds and sods.
    5 pages of kirkland and still on the original set of print rite cartridges.
    I am not printing edge to edge but usually a half inch border on a4 paper.
    Most impressive. Oh yeah printed out alot of maps in text mode from the
    web, some in colour some in grey scale.

    Burt wrote:

    >The Costco store near San Francisco used to sell Epson glossy photo paper
    >and Kodak paper. They dropped the Epson paper from their bay area stores
    >and now carry Kirkland Glossy photo paper and still have Kodak paper. The
    >Epson paper worked extremely well with Canon and I was upset when they
    >stopped selling it, but the Kirkland paper is even better. I only ink I've
    >seen other than OEM there is a universal ink that someone on the NG said
    >was IMS. You are generally well advised to stay away from

    ALL AFTERMARKET INKS TO INSURE THE LEAST CHANCE FOR A PRINTCLOG

    In article <2DDUe.2018$eQ7.1319@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...
    > ALL AFTERMARKET INKS TO INSURE THE LEAST CHANCE FOR A PRINTCLOG

    but note that he says this based on no experience, just a religious
    belief that Canon knows what's best for you.

    The universal ink refills sold by Costco & other mass marketers get
    fairly universal negative reviews, but there are several online sources
    of refill ink that get good reviews. Learn from the experience of those
    who have tried these, & give inkystinky's opinions the value they
    deserve based on his complete lack of any experience with them.

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    > In article <2DDUe.2018$eQ7.1319@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    > inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >
    >>ALL AFTERMARKET INKS TO INSURE THE LEAST CHANCE FOR A PRINTCLOG
    >>

    > but note that he says this based on no experience, just a religious
    > belief that Canon knows what's best for you.
    >
    > The universal ink refills sold by Costco & other mass marketers get
    > fairly universal negative reviews, but there are several online sources
    > of refill ink that get good reviews. Learn from the experience of those
    > who have tried these, & give inkystinky's opinions the value they
    > deserve based on his complete lack of any experience with them.

    Excellent advice! That idiot moron has no experience at all. The drivel
    that comes from his mouth is total bullshit. Don't believe a word he says.
    Trust only those who are actual users and you can't go wrong. He is not
    a user only a loser.
    Frank

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

    >In article <2DDUe.2018$eQ7.1319@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >

    >>ALL AFTERMARKET INKS TO INSURE THE LEAST CHANCE FOR A PRINTCLOG
    >>

    >but note that he says this based on no experience, just a religious
    >belief that Canon knows what's best for you.
    >
    >The universal ink refills sold by Costco & other mass marketers get
    >fairly universal negative reviews, but there are several online sources
    >of refill ink that get good reviews.

    THEY ARE ALL UNBRANDED NONAME GENERIC GARBAGE

    >Learn from the experience of those
    >who have tried these, & give inkystinky's opinions the value they
    >deserve based on his complete lack of any experience with them.

    DO NOT LISTEN TO PECKERBLOOMER

    Frank wrote:

    > Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    >
    >> In article <2DDUe.2018$eQ7.1319@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
    >> inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >>
    >>> ALL AFTERMARKET INKS TO INSURE THE LEAST CHANCE FOR A PRINTCLOG
    >>>

    >> but note that he says this based on no experience, just a religious
    >> belief that Canon knows what's best for you.
    >>
    >> The universal ink refills sold by Costco & other mass marketers get
    >> fairly universal negative reviews, but there are several online
    >> sources of refill ink that get good reviews. Learn from the
    >> experience of those who have tried these, & give inkystinky's
    >> opinions the value they deserve based on his complete lack of any
    >> experience with them.
    >

    > Terrible advice! Me the idiot moron has no experience at all. The
    > drivel that comes from my mouth is total bullshit. Don't believe a
    > word I say.
    > Do not trust only those who are actual users and you can't go wrong. I
    > am not a user only a loser but a Church Going Member..
    > Frank

Printers Epson Peripherals