[C2]CHAOS Scripts: done, endi, and endm?

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 18, 2005 7:39:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Can someone esplain the purpose of these CAOS commands?

done

endi

endm

and should every script be finished with endm? and if not, what kinds of
scripts wouldn't end in endm? (would end in perhaps "done" instead?)

I've been perusing COBs with BoBCoB and in one found a script in the
"Other Scripts" tab that is the only one out of 7 that uses "done" instead
of "endm". I beleive this script is somehow supposed to stop them from
getting stuck and wall-bonking(at least I *think* its supposed to do
that). So I'd like to make sure it is finished properly before I enject
it. And also to further my own study of COB/Agent creation.

TIA

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

More about : chaos scripts endi endm

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:08:02 PM

xOtix wrote:

> Can someone esplain the purpose of these CAOS commands?
>
> done

In C3/DS, it "Stops the targetted creature doing any involuntary actions."
In other versions, I don't know.

> endi

This closes an if-block:
doif va00 <> va01
FOO: BAR_ _P1_ BAZZ
else
QUUX OV00
endi

> endm

This closes a block opened with scrp:

scrp 3 2 31337 7
* code goes here
endm

> and should every script be finished with endm? and if not, what kinds of
> scripts wouldn't end in endm? (would end in perhaps "done" instead?)

Only blocks opened with scrp end with endm, I think.

> I've been perusing COBs with BoBCoB and in one found a script in the
> "Other Scripts" tab that is the only one out of 7 that uses "done" instead
> of "endm". I beleive this script is somehow supposed to stop them from
> getting stuck and wall-bonking(at least I *think* its supposed to do
> that). So I'd like to make sure it is finished properly before I enject
> it. And also to further my own study of COB/Agent creation.
August 18, 2005 11:11:51 PM

xOtix wrote:
> K =`) I guess there is a diff between a macro and a script... (Macro is a
> part of a script that is complete in itself maybe?)

I think in general use they're exactly the same .. certainly an 'install
script' is a macro, 'event scripts' are macros and a 'removal script' is
a macro.

> I'm hoping to find some way to make one that has the best of both.

Good luck. :)  I'm not sure there are many people around with experience
in C2 cobbling.

> Also wondering if there is some way to increase the dendrites in the C2
> genomes... If I have it right, they are what allows reinforcement of good
> decisions?

Well, if you increase the maximum dendrites available from/to the ..
combination lobe? .. then presumably that'd do what you want. I'd *hope*
that'd already be at the maximum, though. But someone like Chris Double
would know more about such things, if years of being away haven't purged
his head of it all :)

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in

> xOtix wrote:
>> K =`) I guess there is a diff between a macro and a script...
(Macro
>> is a part of a script that is complete in itself maybe?)
>
> I think in general use they're exactly the same .. certainly
an
> 'install script' is a macro, 'event scripts' are macros and a
'removal
> script' is a macro.

Ah, yeah. That sounds right. lol

>> I'm hoping to find some way to make one that has the best of
both.

> Good luck. :)  I'm not sure there are many people around with
> experience in C2 cobbling.

That's ok. I'm enjoying putzing around with it. =`)

>> Also wondering if there is some way to increase the dendrites
in the
>> C2 genomes... If I have it right, they are what allows
reinforcement
>> of good decisions?
>
> Well, if you increase the maximum dendrites available from/to
the ..
> combination lobe? .. then presumably that'd do what you want.
I'd
> *hope* that'd already be at the maximum, though. But someone
like
> Chris Double would know more about such things, if years of
being away
> haven't purged his head of it all :)

He's one of the smartest people I know. I don't think it would
take him long for the information to rise to the surface for
him. lol

What I meant was recreating the brain, or adding another lobe or
something (again -- lol), so it would hold more dendrites. IF in
fact that is what is needed...

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a
basis for the norns. 8^) "
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse
of Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:29:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Bryan Donlan <bdonlan@gmail.com> wrote in

> xOtix wrote:
>
>> Can someone esplain the purpose of these CAOS commands?
>>
>> done
>
> In C3/DS, it "Stops the targetted creature doing any
involuntary
> actions." In other versions, I don't know.

I'm asking about C2 atm, so... But checking the code I was
investigating I believe that is so for C2 as well. Thank you!
It seems even more clarified now. :`)

>> endi
>
> This closes an if-block:
> doif va00 <> va01
> FOO: BAR_ _P1_ BAZZ
> else
> QUUX OV00
> endi

Lovely! Thanks!

>> endm
>
> This closes a block opened with scrp:
>
> scrp 3 2 31337 7
> * code goes here
> endm

Much appreciated!

>> and should every script be finished with endm? and if not,
what
>> kinds of scripts wouldn't end in endm? (would end in perhaps
>> "done" instead?)
>
> Only blocks opened with scrp end with endm, I think.

Well that was very kind of you. Between you and Fuzzie I have a
much better grasp of those now.

*hugs*

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a
basis for the norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse
of Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 2:10:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

xOtix wrote:

This is 1999 and I claim my five pounds.
August 22, 2005 2:19:00 AM

Alex Watson wrote:
> This is 1999 and I claim my five pounds.

It's merely a clever illusion crafted to appear as if it's 1999.

In actual fact it's the year 0 and you live in the flat world of Albia!
I mean, Hi.

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 5:05:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in news:4308edaa$0$323$da0feed9
@news.zen.co.uk:

> xOtix wrote:
>>

> This is 1999 and I claim my five pounds.

*Looks Alex over a bit* Looks like you already put on those 5 pounds and
more! Whatever have you been eating all these (non-existant) years?

BTW, good to see ya!

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 8:16:53 PM

xOtix wrote:
>>This is 1999 and I claim my five pounds.
>
> *Looks Alex over a bit* Looks like you already put on those 5 pounds and
> more! Whatever have you been eating all these (non-existant) years?

I've been writing the AGC game! *giggle*, no really, absolutely nothing.
I'm the same* as I always was, admittedly with more years.

> BTW, good to see ya!

Good to see you too :)  And good to see this place slightly resurrected,
of course.

--
Alex has no sig :(

* superficially only
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 5:39:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in news:430de0dd$0$930$da0feed9
@news.zen.co.uk:

> xOtix wrote:
>>>This is 1999 and I claim my five pounds.
>>
>> *Looks Alex over a bit* Looks like you already put on those 5 pounds
and
>> more! Whatever have you been eating all these (non-existant) years?
>
> I've been writing the AGC game! *giggle*, no really, absolutely nothing.
> I'm the same* as I always was, admittedly with more years.

Ah. Aren't we all... Aren't we all. *nods*

>> BTW, good to see ya!
>
> Good to see you too :)  And good to see this place slightly resurrected,
> of course.

Well, we'll keep it up as long as we can, Old Father Time permitting.

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 7:50:40 PM

http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/agc/agc.html

>>> BTW, good to see ya!
>>
>> Good to see you too :)  And good to see this place slightly resurrected,
>> of course.
>>

> Well, we'll keep it up as long as we can, Old Father Time permitting.

*smiles*

--
The Triad
!