Network Errors

IC_Computers

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003
I am running Windows XP professional and have just successfully connected my network using a DSL modem.

In order to protect my system I am running a fire-wall by the name of Zone Alarm as well as a virus monitor software better know as Kaspersky. Kaspersky is the type of program that boots up, upon the start of the system and is constantly running.

Prior to configuring my network connection Kaspersky would boot up fine. Now I receive an error message as follows:

"Error Cannot connect to file system. Service not running" The network and kaspersky continue to work fine after the error message, although it can be annoying and does slow down the initial performance of my system.

Why am I receiving this message? How can I correct this?

Thanks

Cloaked

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
although the problem appeared after configuring the network, it does not sound related to that. Actually, that could be becauuse your computer is trying to use bootp or something related on started to boot from a network disk/filesstem. Try running msconfig and under the startup tab, see if anything like that is enabled. That is very unlikly, but it is a very strange error.