Question Ip Camera viewing software for mac 10.3.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvwong

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hi,

I have a mac 10.3.9 and I would like to use it to record my ip camera but I can't find a free and suitable software to view and record.

Can anyone suggest any software?

Thank you

Calvert

cvwong

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Well actually it's a china product but I do not know the actually brand name and I do tried using window and download some software which are free but their functions are limited, when I was asked to choose the brand name it works with the brand names called Wansview and Foscam.

Sorry, I can't give you the actually brand name ( because I do not know it ) but it's a pan tilt indoor ip camera.

Hope the above info will come out with something

Thanks a lot

rearendhat

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Do you know the IP of the camera? Usually an IP based camera will give you the Manufacturers name at the web page for the camera. Also, the camera should have some identifying info on it.

cvwong

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Ya it just like the product mention by hairystuff.

I tried to connect it with web interface and it was successful till now and may I know what is meant by physical access to the camera?

I want to find a software so that I can record down ip camera and only internet explorer 5.0 and above have the recording function. Mac 10.3.9 does not have inter net explorer 5.0 or higher and that is why I seek help here

hairystuff

Distinguished
The only way you are going to be able to record video from that ip camera is by using a PC with its client software installed on a windows pc or the resource heavy way via (dar)wine

http://sourceforge.net/projects/darwine/

cvwong

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
About the client software yes it is provided too but I don't like it because it response slowly and I would like to use another software if possible. Does (dar)wine supports mac 10.3.9?.

Status
Not open for further replies.