Lexmark Z12 Printing Problems

Got a "compatible" cartridge from a reputable eBay seller last month
and after barely even using the printer it is only printing in red, and
not very well at that. When I perform the clean nozzle function, only
red and yellow horizontal lines print. I dabbed the print nozzles with
a moist cloth and blue ink comes out, but then when I do the clean
nozzle function again I still get only yellow and red. Any
suggestions?

Purchase a genuine Lexmark cartridge and see if it works. As a Google
search shows, this printer was withdrawn from the U.S. market on June 25,
2001. As far as I can tell, Lexmark doesn't even offer support, other than
online, for this printer. Save your money up and buy a new printer. Not a
Lexmark, if at all possible.

<jeffy3@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Got a "compatible" cartridge from a reputable eBay seller last month
> and after barely even using the printer it is only printing in red, and
> not very well at that. When I perform the clean nozzle function, only
> red and yellow horizontal lines print. I dabbed the print nozzles with
> a moist cloth and blue ink comes out, but then when I do the clean
> nozzle function again I still get only yellow and red. Any
> suggestions?

LOL Kevin!

I would agree with everything Kevin says... best in many cases to
discard older printers as the upkeep starts outpacing what a new
printer will provide.

T.

tlai909@visto.com wrote:
> LOL Kevin!
>
> I would agree with everything Kevin says... best in many cases to
> discard older printers as the upkeep starts outpacing what a new
> printer will provide.
>
> T.

The printer is less than two years old. Are we really getting this
disposable nowadays? Is there any constructive advice out there? If
the cartridge only prints two colors is the problem in the cartridge or
could it sometimes be the printer itself or the PC or even the cable?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

jeffy3@hotmail.com wrote:
>tlai909@visto.com wrote:
>> LOL Kevin!
>>
>> I would agree with everything Kevin says... best in many cases to
>> discard older printers as the upkeep starts outpacing what a new
>> printer will provide.
>>
>> T.
>

>The printer is less than two years old. Are we really getting this
>disposable nowadays? Is there any constructive advice out there? If
>the cartridge only prints two colors is the problem in the cartridge or
>could it sometimes be the printer itself or the PC or even the cable?

Almost certainly the cartridge. The problem (and the reason the other 2 replies
suggested printer replacement) is that Lexmark printer cartridges are very
expensive, Not sure about the compatibles. I suggest you take the cartridge
back for replacement since you have invested the money.
Tony

Tony wrote:

> >The printer is less than two years old. Are we really getting this
> >disposable nowadays? Is there any constructive advice out there? If
> >the cartridge only prints two colors is the problem in the cartridge or
> >could it sometimes be the printer itself or the PC or even the cable?
>
> Almost certainly the cartridge. The problem (and the reason the other 2 replies
> suggested printer replacement) is that Lexmark printer cartridges are very
> expensive, Not sure about the compatibles. I suggest you take the cartridge
> back for replacement since you have invested the money.
> Tony

What printer models do everyone recommend, especially ones with less
expensive replacement cartridges?

To be less flip... I moved onto a full laser printer.

I seriously cannot afford the upkeep of these cheap inkjet printers!

eg. you heard this before, they make nothing on the printer (razor),
they hit you on the carts (blades).

T.

(tlai909@visto.com) writes:
> To be less flip... I moved onto a full laser printer.
>
> I seriously cannot afford the upkeep of these cheap inkjet printers!
>
> eg. you heard this before, they make nothing on the printer (razor),
> they hit you on the carts (blades).
>
> T.

No question, but if you are running a cheap Lexmark, keep an eye on Target
ads. Once in while they have actual discounts (and their base price is
better than computer stores).

Brendan