HDD Activity cables- P5B Deluxe & Antec P180

ornryactor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I have a P5B Deluxe board that I'm installing into an Antec P180 case. The P180 has a bunch of front-panel cables to connect to the motherboard. Two of them are hard drive activity indicators, labelled "HDD LED I" and HDD LED II". However, I can't seem to find anywhere to connect them. The "Q-Connector" that ships with the P5B has spots for power and reset switches, a power LED, speakers (?), and an IDE LED. Nowhere in the manual for the board can I find mention of HDD activity connectors.

Can I hook up my HDD LED I cable to the IDE LED spot on the Q-Connector? I don't have IDE hard drives; I have two SATA drives (soon to be four drives in RAID 10).

If I can't hook up a HDD cable to the IDE spot, is there anywhere on the P5B Deluxe to hook that cable up?

pgarnold

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a motherboard with 2 hard disk light connectors? The Antec P180 case is the first I have seen with 2 LEDs so someone must be making a MB with 2 connectors?

Paul

rippleyaliens

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
on most older server cases, sometimes had 2-6 hd led's. most new cases just assume you use the onboard controller. I have multiple controllers, in my system, and each controller has a LED connection for hd lights.