Why won't this work??

millphilxx

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Hello there,

I just bought a copy of TitanQuest and attempted to intall it on my computer. After the autrorun sequence started I recieved and error "Acces to the specified device,path, or file is denied" When I try to access the disk (DVD Version), all of the exe files give me a "This is not a valid Windows 32 operation" error. I can open the .txt files but have no access to any exe's.

I am currently running Win2k with an Athlon 850mhz cpu 768 mb ram with a Radeon 9000pro graphics card. I have two Toshiba optical drives( one is rom the other is a dvd burner) SD-R1002 and SD-R5272 which I have checked and both have the latest firmware updates.

I have the latest drivers for my graphics card as well as the latest version of Direct X.

I realize that this current machine is well below the bare minimum to run this game, but I cant even get it to load to check. This is the same machine that I played both Everquest and WOW on in the past (albeit at lower settings, but still very playable)

I did however install the game on my laptop (Acer 3003LCI) without any trouble and then when it came time to play the game, I ran into the error "Your graphics card does not support Pixel Shader 1.0) which I expected.

I did some research through the games message boards and read about problems with SecureRom. But I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

Would this be a hardware or software conflict???

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Millphilxx

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I have to laugh at win2k & an 800mhz CPU.

If you want to game, get at least a P4 2.0, I'm not too sure about AMD since I haven't used them, XP, and at least 1 gig of RAM.

There are tons of free demos and games you can download legally.

Also, try to upgrade to a 9600PRO 256 on card, I have it and it can max out halo, BF2 on some ok settings with 800x600, AVP2 maxed out, same with NOLF.

Of coarse, if you want to be good for a few years get the x800GTO from newegg for $130 ;)

this is good also

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
yeah there is no way that game will run on your pc, you need to look at the recommended hardware requirements on the box. i have a evga 7900gt ko video card amd athlon 64 3500 and 2 gigs of ram and it stutters sometimes on my machine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts