E6400 or E6600

Just wondering, in terms of bang for buck, and overclockability, which would be recommended between an E6400 and an E6600?
7 answers Last reply
More about e6400 e6600
  1. get the 6400 if you're ovrclocking if not get the e660, it's faser at stock. :D

deends what you're doing with it really but if you've got the money and you're not oerclocking thenget the e6600(athough i think you are overcking as you said in your post aove). get a good aftremarket cooler like the artic cooling freezer 7 pro and if you o overclock then you have the freedom to(oh and it depends on the motherboard.)
  2. Quote:
    get the 6400 if you're ovrclocking if not get the e660, it's faser at stock. :D

deends what you're doing with it really but if you've got the money and you're not oerclocking thenget the e6600(athough i think you are overcking as you said in your post aove). get a good aftremarket cooler like the artic cooling freezer 7 pro and if you o overclock then you have the freedom to(oh and it depends on the motherboard.)
    Y'r eithr drnk, or you ned a nw keybrd. :wink: LMAO.
  3. haha i tink it mus b the kyboaRD :lol:
  4. imho, e6300 has the largest overclocking potential, so if you want to overclock, try e6300 instead of e6400.

for stock speed, go with e6600, it's been already the fastest among the rivals. :p
  5. I was wondering the same thing, ordered the E6600 and still feel good about it after two days. The core 2 duos they put in iMacs are 2.13GHZ with the 4mb cache, and I didn't want to know there's an iMac out there with more goods than my system. Plus zipzoomflop has free shipping right now, $1.99 2-day fedex. and one of lowest prices. Bees' knees.
  6. The 6400 is the highest binned 2m cache part. I'd get that, and hope for a chip from the center of the wafer, that had a small flaw in part of the cache.
  7. go with the E6600 not questions asked.. the E6600 can be oc'ed very very far and has a 4mb cache while the 6400 has 2mb as far as i know. so i say pay the extra 50-100 and get the better cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product