Thanks

From: "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com>:
> SPOILERS...............

> I am in the first age with the red room.

<nitpick mode on>

You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.

<nitpick mode off>

> I made it to the top with the telescope and I looked through it..
> I saw the three symblos that seemed to match up with one of the
> controls (the broken one) in the red room. I also found the small
> room with the stairs. I went down, pulled the lever and found it
> moved the small elevator (seen through the telescope) a little
> upwords.. but didnt reveal anything new. I am totally stuck.
> Could someone give me a vauge hint to what I need to do? I don't
> want a solution.. I just want to be pointed in the right
> direction.

Try looking somewhere else

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
not _going_ anywhere else, just looking in a different direction.

Eric

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> From: "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com>:
> > SPOILERS...............

> > I am in the first age with the red room.
>
> <nitpick mode on>
>
> You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
> Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
> numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.
>
> <nitpick mode off>

The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in Direbo.

> > I made it to the top with the telescope and I looked through it..
> > I saw the three symblos that seemed to match up with one of the
> > controls (the broken one) in the red room.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Are you sure they match with the broken controls?

.......................snipped..................

drew

"Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message

> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
>> From: "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com>:
>> > SPOILERS...............

>> > I am in the first age with the red room.
>>
>> <nitpick mode on>
>>
>> You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
>> Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
>> numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.
>>
>> <nitpick mode off>
>>

> The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in Direbo.
>
>> > I made it to the top with the telescope and I looked through it..
>> > I saw the three symblos that seemed to match up with one of the
>> > controls (the broken one) in the red room.
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
>
> Are you sure they match with the broken controls?

As far as I know.. it shows a 3/4 circle with the upper right 1/4 taken out
and that matches the broken control's display

drew

"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message

> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>>
>> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message

>>> <nitpick mode on>
>>>
>>> You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
>>> Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
>>> numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.
>>>
>>> <nitpick mode off>
>>>

>> The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in Direbo.

>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>> -
>>
>> Are you sure they match with the broken controls?
>

> As far as I know.. it shows a 3/4 circle with the upper right 1/4 taken
> out and that matches the broken control's display

my mistake.. it was the one to the left of he broken one.. I still am stuck.
That seemed to have no effect. Im gonna explore the stair room a bit more.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message

> >> The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in
Direbo.

> >> -
> >> -
> >> -
> >> -
> >> -
> >> -
> >> -
> >>
> >> Are you sure they match with the broken controls?
> >

> > As far as I know.. it shows a 3/4 circle with the upper right 1/4 taken
> > out and that matches the broken control's display
>

> my mistake.. it was the one to the left of he broken one.. I still am
stuck.
> That seemed to have no effect. Im gonna explore the stair room a bit more.

Which set of controls it matches IS important.

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message

> Direbo.

>> > As far as I know.. it shows a 3/4 circle with the upper right 1/4 taken
>> > out and that matches the broken control's display
>>

>> my mistake.. it was the one to the left of he broken one.. I still am
> stuck.
>> That seemed to have no effect. Im gonna explore the stair room a bit
>> more.
>>

> Which set of controls it matches IS important.

Ok, I found the symbol, drew it on the tablet. Then used the lever in the
elevator room over and over and got the tram to come all the way over. Found
another set of symbols for the red room and put those in. Now I cant get the
tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both sides and didnt see
nothing. Even tried making it go back one notch and trying to beat the doors
from closing =)

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
> >
> > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message

> > Direbo.

> >> my mistake.. it was the one to the left of he broken one.. I still am
> > stuck.
> >> That seemed to have no effect. Im gonna explore the stair room a bit
> >> more.
> >>

> > Which set of controls it matches IS important.
> >

> Ok, I found the symbol, drew it on the tablet. Then used the lever in the
> elevator room over and over and got the tram to come all the way over.
Found
> another set of symbols for the red room and put those in. Now I cant get
the
> tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both sides and didnt see
> nothing. Even tried making it go back one notch and trying to beat the
doors
> from closing =)

You should now be able to get to all the places without the tram so forget
it.
There's a useful Bahro symbol somewhere.

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message

>> > Direbo.

> taken

>> > stuck.
>> >>

>> > Which set of controls it matches IS important.
>> >

>> Ok, I found the symbol, drew it on the tablet. Then used the lever in the
>> elevator room over and over and got the tram to come all the way over.
> Found
>> another set of symbols for the red room and put those in. Now I cant get
> the
>> tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both sides and didnt see
>> nothing. Even tried making it go back one notch and trying to beat the
> doors
>> from closing =)
>>

> You should now be able to get to all the places without the tram so forget
> it.
> There's a useful Bahro symbol somewhere.

Yes, but my tablet is gone since I drew that one symbol on it, The one with
the four small circles.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message

> the

>> > taken

> am

> the
>> > Found
> get
>> > the
>> > doors
>> >>

>> > You should now be able to get to all the places without the tram so
> forget
>> > it.
>> > There's a useful Bahro symbol somewhere.
>> >

>> Yes, but my tablet is gone since I drew that one symbol on it, The one
> with
>> the four small circles.

oh ok, my problem was I didnt know It linked to that other pedestal. I
thought I had to use the tram to get there or something. Thanks

From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:

> "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> news:dhc7sp$ejkl$1@news3.infoave.net... >
<snip>

> > Ok, I found the symbol, drew it on the tablet. Then used the
> > lever in the elevator room over and over and got the tram to
> > come all the way over. Found another set of symbols for the
> > red room and put those in. Now I cant get the
> > tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both sides and
> > didnt see nothing. Even tried making it go back one notch and
> > trying to beat the doors from closing =)

> You should now be able to get to all the places without the tram

I don't think that's quite true.

> so forget it.

for now.

From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:

> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> news:WinLMSG.4338615e.2698.7323@news.abc.se... >

<snip>

> > You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
> >Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
> >numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.
> > <nitpick mode off>
> >

> The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in
> Direbo.

Oh yeah, forgot about those, :-(
though technically the numbers would appear
to be given to the sectors of Direbo not to
the ages that you link to from there.

And the fact that there is a one to one
correspondence between the sectors and the
ages is compleatly irrelevant, yeah, that's it,
that's my story and I'm sticking to it, so there! :p

> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:
>
> > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> > news:dhc7sp$ejkl$1@news3.infoave.net... >
> <snip>
>
> > > Ok, I found the symbol, drew it on the tablet. Then used the
> > > lever in the elevator room over and over and got the tram to
> > > come all the way over. Found another set of symbols for the
> > > red room and put those in. Now I cant get the
> > > tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both sides and
> > > didnt see nothing. Even tried making it go back one notch and
> > > trying to beat the doors from closing =)
>
> > You should now be able to get to all the places without the tram
>
> I don't think that's quite true.
>
> > so forget it.
>
> for now.
That's interesting. Maybe I missed something. I finished the age but only
took the tram journey once.
Nick.

> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:
>
> > "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> > news:WinLMSG.4338615e.2698.7323@news.abc.se... >
>
> <snip>
>
> > > You must have gone through at least two other ages to get to
> > >Todelmer and the main ages can be reached in any order, so
> > >numbering them isn't very useful, better to describe them.
> > > <nitpick mode off>
> > >

> > The four main ages are actually numbered in the linking books in
> > Direbo.
>
> Oh yeah, forgot about those, :-(
> though technically the numbers would appear
> to be given to the sectors of Direbo not to
> the ages that you link to from there.
>
> And the fact that there is a one to one
> correspondence between the sectors and the
> ages is compleatly irrelevant, yeah, that's it,
> that's my story and I'm sticking to it, so there! :p
>

> Eric

I'll concede that point but at least the numbering is consistent.
How you exit the great shaft for the first time will determine which age
Esher describes as the 'first age'.
Of course the names of the ages should be the obvious choice for
identification but in my game the name of Tahgira never came up.
I've found Esher's introductory speech on my hard drive but it didn't play
during the game and is not in the transcript.
A great game if a little buggy.
Nick.

From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:
> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> news:WinLMSG.433a7420.2698.71d6@news.abc.se... >
> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>: >
> > > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
> > > news:dhc7sp$ejkl$1@news3.infoave.net... > > <snip>

> > > the tram to move anywhere. Climbed the ladders on both

> > > You should now be able to get to all the places without the
> > > tram

> > I don't think that's quite true.

> > > so forget it.

> > for now.

> That's interesting. Maybe I missed something. I finished the age
> but only took the tram journey once.

What I think you missed (unless I missed something) was that he
hasn't actually taken the tram journey, he, I believe, like me,
wasted his time winching the tram over to the side you start
the age on.

> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:
> > "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> > news:WinLMSG.433a7420.2698.71d6@news.abc.se... >
> > From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>: >

> > > I don't think that's quite true.

> > > for now.
>
> > That's interesting. Maybe I missed something. I finished the age
> > but only took the tram journey once.
>
> What I think you missed (unless I missed something) was that he
> hasn't actually taken the tram journey, he, I believe, like me,
> wasted his time winching the tram over to the side you start
> the age on.
>
> Eric

That makes sense. I thought he'd taken the 'powered' journey once and was
winching the tram back.
I started to do that but realised it was pointless.
Nick.

> "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
>> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>:
>> > "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
>> > news:WinLMSG.433a7420.2698.71d6@news.abc.se... >
>> > From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>: >

>> > That's interesting. Maybe I missed something. I finished the age
>> > but only took the tram journey once.
>>
>> What I think you missed (unless I missed something) was that he
>> hasn't actually taken the tram journey, he, I believe, like me,
>> wasted his time winching the tram over to the side you start
>> the age on.
>>
>> Eric
>>
> That makes sense. I thought he'd taken the 'powered' journey once and was
> winching the tram back.
> I started to do that but realised it was pointless.
> Nick.

One last question. I found the sybmol through zooming in with the
telescope.. but when I try to draw it nothing happens. The creature comes up
to it but doesn't link to it. I tried drawing it over and over thinking
maybe I didnt get it accurate.. but nothing...Isn't he supposed to link to
it?

From: "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com>:

> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
> >
> > "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
> > news:WinLMSG.433ab964.2698.76d@news.abc.se... >>
> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>: >> > "Eric Rowley"
> <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message >> >
> news:WinLMSG.433a7420.2698.71d6@news.abc.se... >
> <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message >> > > >
> news:dhc7sp$ejkl$1@news3.infoave.net... > > <snip> >>
> used >> > > > > the lever in the elevator room over and over and
> got the >> > > > > tram to come all the way over. Found another
> set of >> > > > > symbolsfor the red room and put those in. Now I
> cant get > >> > > > the tram to move anywhere. Climbed the
> ladders on both >> > > > > sides didnt see nothing. Even tried
> making it go back one >> > > > > notch and trying to beat the
> doors from closing =) >>
> the >> > > > tram >>

> age >> > but only took the tram journey once. >>
> >> What I think you missed (unless I missed something) was that
> he >> hasn't actually taken the tram journey, he, I believe, like
> me, >> wasted his time winching the tram over to the side you
> start >> the age on. >>
> >> Eric
> >>
> > That makes sense. I thought he'd taken the 'powered' journey
> once and was > winching the tram back. > I started to do that but
> realised it was pointless. > Nick.

> One last question. I found the sybmol through zooming in with
> the telescope.. but when I try to draw it nothing happens. The
> creature comes up to it but doesn't link to it. I tried drawing
> it over and over thinking maybe I didnt get it accurate.. but
> nothing...Isn't he supposed to link to it?

Yes, this is the one that looks like a birds foot isn't it?
I didn't have any trouble with that one, some of the others
I had to redraw several times and when I used some symbols
in the wrong age they got misinterpreted as something else.

When I drew this symbol I drew four small circles first and
then conected them making sure I curved the outer lines
but on further testing that dosn't seem to matter nor does
it seem to matter if the circles are filled or not or if the
bottom ones are in line or with the middle one lower.
The only way I have been able to fail is by leaving them off
altogether (just drawing the lines) I even tried drawing blobs with
horizontal movements like one would use filling them in
with a crayon and it was still accepted.

Try drawing it differently, when the symbol I drew at the end
of Tahgira (the Ice Age) was finally accepted it looked, to me,
a lot less like the original than the ones that weren't accepted.

Good luck.
Eric

drew

> From: "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com>:
>
>> "Nick" <no_bother@all> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Eric Rowley" <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message
>> > news:WinLMSG.433ab964.2698.76d@news.abc.se... >>
>> From: "Nick" <no_bother@all>: >> > "Eric Rowley"
>> <poiuy@bredband.net> wrote in message >> >
>> news:WinLMSG.433a7420.2698.71d6@news.abc.se... >
>> <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message >> > > >
>> news:dhc7sp$ejkl$1@news3.infoave.net... > > <snip> >>
>> used >> > > > > the lever in the elevator room over and over and
>> got the >> > > > > tram to come all the way over. Found another
>> set of >> > > > > symbolsfor the red room and put those in. Now I
>> cant get > >> > > > the tram to move anywhere. Climbed the
>> ladders on both >> > > > > sides didnt see nothing. Even tried
>> making it go back one >> > > > > notch and trying to beat the
>> doors from closing =) >>
>> the >> > > > tram >>

>> age >> > but only took the tram journey once. >>
>> he >> hasn't actually taken the tram journey, he, I believe, like
>> me, >> wasted his time winching the tram over to the side you
>> start >> the age on. >>
>> >>
>> > That makes sense. I thought he'd taken the 'powered' journey
>> once and was > winching the tram back. > I started to do that but
>> realised it was pointless. > Nick.
>

>> One last question. I found the sybmol through zooming in with
>> the telescope.. but when I try to draw it nothing happens. The
>> creature comes up to it but doesn't link to it. I tried drawing
>> it over and over thinking maybe I didnt get it accurate.. but
>> nothing...Isn't he supposed to link to it?
>
> Yes, this is the one that looks like a birds foot isn't it?
> I didn't have any trouble with that one, some of the others
> I had to redraw several times and when I used some symbols
> in the wrong age they got misinterpreted as something else.
>
> When I drew this symbol I drew four small circles first and
> then conected them making sure I curved the outer lines
> but on further testing that dosn't seem to matter nor does
> it seem to matter if the circles are filled or not or if the
> bottom ones are in line or with the middle one lower.
> The only way I have been able to fail is by leaving them off
> altogether (just drawing the lines) I even tried drawing blobs with
> horizontal movements like one would use filling them in
> with a crayon and it was still accepted.
>
> Try drawing it differently, when the symbol I drew at the end
> of Tahgira (the Ice Age) was finally accepted it looked, to me,
> a lot less like the original than the ones that weren't accepted.
>
> Good luck.
> Eric

Ok, I got it to down.. turns out the view through the telescope was a little
rotated.. so, in fact the outer circle was supposed to be a little to the
right.. not centered... if anyone else has that same problem.