IP4000 colour Alignment change now 1 year old - for intere..

Just thaught it might be of interest to other owners of IP4000 and
possibly others in the *Pixma series -
I have never touched the printhead since the original install -
however the alignment in the 12 colour settings has changed since that
original install..neither has the printer been banged or even moved!
Logic says this shouldnt happen as the heads are effectively fixed in
their alignment to each other by manufacture - but it has!!
Here is the table of setting changes since new on our IP4000 - not an
insignificant change either...
Unchanged ==2 settings A J
+1 (from original aligned setting) ==3 settings GHK
+2==4 settings BCFL
-1==3 settings DEI
-2==none
Blacks unchanged.(MN)
Charlie+

Charlie+ wrote:
> Just thaught it might be of interest to other owners of IP4000 and
> possibly others in the *Pixma series -
> I have never touched the printhead since the original install -
> however the alignment in the 12 colour settings has changed since that
> original install..neither has the printer been banged or even moved!
> Logic says this shouldnt happen as the heads are effectively fixed in
> their alignment to each other by manufacture - but it has!!
> Here is the table of setting changes since new on our IP4000 - not an
> insignificant change either...
> Unchanged ==2 settings A J
> +1 (from original aligned setting) ==3 settings GHK
> +2==4 settings BCFL
> -1==3 settings DEI
> -2==none
> Blacks unchanged.(MN)
> Charlie+

Yes, the alignment settings do change for reasons I do not know. But
unless you sell your photos/printouts for a living you shouldn't have to
worry about it. The "pros", I read, check the alignment every time they
turn the printer on in the morning. I'm not a pro. I don't bother
checking it that often (4 times a year?) as I don't see anything visibly
requiring a fresh alignment. Perhaps I should run it more often as it's
not the job it used to be; my iP5000 can do it automatically - without
me looking at the printouts and straining my eyes. To satisfy yourself,
print something before re-adjustment and after adjustment. Were the
differences critical?

-Taliesyn

davy

Strange....!
I have the ip5000 and will make a brief note, sure does sound odd,
hard to understand apart from someone actually altering them, there
is no 'feedback' or head senser's to the driver I know of.

Ain't Norton's Ghost is it ? (sorry - just could not resist)

They'er great printers though.

Davy

In article Davy says...
> Strange....!
> I have the ip5000 and will make a brief note, sure does sound odd,
> hard to understand apart from someone actually altering them, there
> is no 'feedback' or head senser's to the driver I know of.

Isn't there a red light beam sensor like a bar code reader?