hey there,

can anyone tell me if the version of windows server 2003 available from
microsoft.com is the full version ?? is it the same as the retail only with
a limited activation code ??

cheers
trev

Hi Trev,

Where are you seeing that available for download? The only place it would
normally be is as part of an MSDN subscription, and those license holders
know what the limits are. Otherwise, there are no legitimate sources for
downloading any Windows Operation System.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Trevor and Taby wrote:
> can anyone tell me if the version of windows server 2003 available
> from microsoft.com is the full version ?? is it the same as the
> retail only with a limited activation code ??

ASSUMING (because you leave no choice) that you mean this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

Then the copy you get for trial is a full version of the software with all
the features of a copy you would purchase. The limitation is in the CDKey
you have to install it with and the fact that it will only (likely) allow
such a key (trial) without some modification of the CD itself.

--
<- Shenan ->

Try the server newsgroup at microsoft.public.windows.server.general

"Trevor and Taby" <trevntab@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> hey there,
>
> can anyone tell me if the version of windows server 2003 available from
> microsoft.com is the full version ?? is it the same as the retail only
> with a limited activation code ??
>
> cheers
> trev

cheers for yer help guys