Health Risk Concern?

G

I am using an open case computer and it sits right beside me while I use it. It was built by a friend of mine who suggested that the cover remain off due to possible over heating during long hours of use. I use this pc in a small office area, wich does get hot in here at times so I decided it may be a good idea as well to keep the cover off.
The pc was built for gamming and my kid likes to play games on it.
My question is, are there any serious potential health risks I need to be aware of? After all, it sits right next to the user and this is a small room!
I sure appreciate anyones input on this and thanks for your time reading my post!

FatBurger

Illustrious
In terms of radiation or electro-magnetic fields, no. The only problems is if one of your kids decides to touch the glowing red heatsink (just as an example. I hope your heatsink isn't glowing red, and I don't know how old your kids are). In other words, there's no real threat as long as nothing enters the box. But, since you're worried about cooling, put a couple of case fans in and leave the cover on. You'll get better cooling that leaving the side open.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?