Forthcoming Notebook Roundup -- Wish List

DevlinX

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2002
I understand from dstell that THG will review a couple of P4 notebooks soon. Perhaps it's not too cheaky if I indicate the issues I would like to know about:

IBM, Dell and Toshiba have new enhanced display technologies with improved response times and an increased viewing angles. Are there any significant differences? In particular the vertical viewing angle seems important to me. For example, the colour/brightness of my current notebook's display (Compaq) already changes if I lean back in my chair.

Toshiba has a 5400 RPM harddrive now. Is it better or worse than the IBM solution?

Does it matter whether the Geforce4 440 Go is equipped with 32Megs or 64megs of videoram?

Please do not only run low-resolution Quake benchmarks but also something demanding like Aquanox.

Do the noise levels of the notebooks significantly differ? There are rumours that the Dell's double fan is a pain in the neck while the Toshiba is much quiter.

Regards,

Devlin

DevlinX

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2002
I would also like to know whether the harddrive of the Toshiba makes these terrible clicks which are reported in the Toshiba forum.

Thx,
Devlin

TRENDING THREADS