Program Re-Install Error

I am trying to re-install a program on my hard drive from a CD and I get an
error message telling me:

"C:\windows\system 32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications."

This program was working for several months and today it did not work. When
I tried to run the program, I got a message telling me to uninstall and
reinstall, which I did. Now it will not fully reinstall as the error message
above states.

How do I fix this problem? Your help will be appreciated.

How do I correct this problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about program install error

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
    Program"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Peteeboy" <Peteeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to re-install a program on my hard drive from a CD and I get an
    > error message telling me:
    >
    > "C:\windows\system 32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications."
    >
    > This program was working for several months and today it did not work.
    > When
    > I tried to run the program, I got a message telling me to uninstall and
    > reinstall, which I did. Now it will not fully reinstall as the error
    > message
    > above states.
    >
    > How do I fix this problem? Your help will be appreciated.
    >
    > How do I correct this problem?

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP