Wireless on Ubuntu

Tags:
  • NICs
  • Wireless
  • Ubuntu
  • Components
Last response: in Components
September 17, 2006 4:09:22 PM

I have recently installed Ubuntu on my PC and i just can't get wireless to work on it. I have a d-link dwl-520 card. I got the driver for it but maybe it didn't install correctly? I am not sure how to login as root which is probably the reason but am not sure.

More about : wireless ubuntu

September 22, 2006 4:29:38 AM

what is ubuntu
September 22, 2006 5:18:36 AM

What is Ubuntu ? What is Centos ? What is Freespire ? What is Knoppix ? Watch out, Linux is sneaking up on everybody.... AND guess what, it's free.

About the network thing............ I had a short class on Linux and the last class was tonight. That topic was brought up briefly and I'm sorry to say, I can't remember the conversation. Too much to think about in a short time if you know what I mean. Think it was a compatability issue........ ?
Related resources
September 22, 2006 5:38:30 AM

frees things generally are worse than non-free ones

you get what u pay lol

u pay nothing u get nothing if that rule applyed
September 22, 2006 5:45:47 AM

Derek............ try it and see. Download one of them, it can be used as a bootable cd so it won't hurt your system, and just check it out. Ignorance is bliss
September 22, 2006 4:54:01 PM

if i have time and that my internet will stand it
September 24, 2006 6:03:44 PM

Yeah, like swifty said, it's a compatibility issue. They'll probably release a patch for it, but for now it's useless.

And Derek... I have Ubuntu, LOVE IT! Believe me, if you've ever used linux you'll realize that this is one of the better versions to get. That and Gentoo
!