lost default font in printer test page

The prnter test page comes out in some strange font. The same font
occurs when printing system properties.

How can I get back the font that used to be used?
Fiddling with Adobe ATM some months ago might be the cause, but that
has been unistalled.

Epson 880.

Thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about lost default font printer test page

    "norm" <donotreply@here.com> wrote in message

    > The prnter test page comes out in some strange font. The same font
    > occurs when printing system properties.
    > How can I get back the font that used to be used?

    Your fonts may be stored in two or more places,
    Windows fonts in c:\windows\fonts and somewhere
    else for fonts supplied with your word processor
    (or Photoshop, ATM etc.)

    You can check the integrity of Windows font files
    by SFC.EXE = System File Checker, configured
    to check *.FON and then *.TTF, filetypes of the
    two varieties of Windows fonts, and retrieve
    individual files from your Win98 instal CD. It may
    be faster first to identify the strange font.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:20:44 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
    <d.phillipson@ttrryytteell.com> wrote:

    >"norm" <donotreply@here.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> The prnter test page comes out in some strange font. The same font
    >> occurs when printing system properties.
    >> How can I get back the font that used to be used?
    >
    >Your fonts may be stored in two or more places,
    >Windows fonts in c:\windows\fonts and somewhere
    >else for fonts supplied with your word processor
    >(or Photoshop, ATM etc.)
    >
    >You can check the integrity of Windows font files
    >by SFC.EXE = System File Checker, configured
    >to check *.FON and then *.TTF, filetypes of the
    >two varieties of Windows fonts, and retrieve
    >individual files from your Win98 instal CD. It may
    >be faster first to identify the strange font.
    >
    >--
    >Don Phillipson
    >Carlsbad Springs
    >(Ottawa, Canada)

    The strange font is spacetoaster.

    Is there any setting in registry which determines which font is to be
    used? Or is it in an .inf file?

    thanks

Printers Default Font Peripherals