MSI Geforce 7600 GT PCI-E
Built in sound card
Creative 2.1 Speakers
Samsung Combo Optical Drive
Sony Floppy Drive
WD 160 GB HDD SATA II
Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse
Genuine 400 Watt Casing

I bought this system for $1000 but computer goods here in pakistan have 17% tax over the US price so its pricier than it should be.

omarhayat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
i am basically a casual gamer who likes to play heavy games like FEAR but have no problem turning all graphics to minimum. Im just interested in playing the game. Other activities are browsing the internet, and printing academic work etc. Ive got the Epson Stylus CX 6600 printer along with it.

The system is an upgrade from my old system :

P4 1.6 Ghz
256MB Ram
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128 Mb
Multimedia speakers
D850 mobo

Please do comment.

omarhayat

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
Seems pretty good, I don't know about the power supply though. Also it's a pity you didn't get 2gb of ram.

2 gb was becoming quite expensive. damn the high tax rates on pc components in pakistan.

Sean618

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Well over here in England we have 17.5% VAT on everything, which means everything is more expensive however we earn slightly more as well. Thats probably why companies like sony (they don't deserve a capital s) try and rip us off (eg PSPs) :evil:

ayazahmad1

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014

Your system is Good but if I compare its price in Pakistan through hafeezcentre.pk/Laptops/ and hafeezcentre.pk/Computers/ then I can say that you bought it really at high price. :(

ayazahmad1

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
Read this and think about your gaming desktop

The Maingear Vybe ($999) is a gaming rig that comes in at an entry-level price. While you can get less expensive multimedia systems, $999 is about the right price for a starter gaming rig with a serious graphics card like the Nvdia GeForce GTX 650 Ti. The Vybe also features Intel's newest fourth-generation Core i5 (codenamed Haswell) processor, and it gives the Vybe a leg up on many of our performance tests. The proof is in the numbers: The Maingear Vybe is powerful enough to wrest the Editors' Choice award for entry-level gaming desktops from the Alienware X51

Design and Features

The Vybe comes in a fairly plain (for Maingear) chassis, painted with a soft-touch, matte black finish on the front and top panels. The case has a Maingear logo on the front, along with accent stripes running up the front and the top face, but with its clear plastic side panel, it's still the kind of case that we'd expect out of a home build rather than the huge all metal cases we've come to expect from Maingear. It's not a huge nit considering the price point, but it's still more utilitarian than we've seen. The utility has a purpose, however, since this gives Maingear the space to install one of Intel's new fourth-generation Intel Core i5-4570 processors, along with 8GB of DDR3 memory, a 1TB hard drive with 32GB SSD cache drive, and a gaming-class Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti$142.39 at Amazon graphics card.

Performance

The Vybe is a very good performer at both our multimedia and our 3D gaming benchmark tests, thanks to the Intel Core i5 processor and the system's GeForce GTX 650 Ti card. GTX is Nvidia shorthand for high-end gaming graphics performance, and as such it can easily handle playing high-end 3D games at medium quality settings. The Vybe returned buttery smooth frame rates on our two games, Aliens vs. Predator (AvP) (117fps) and Heaven (95fps). At the maximum quality settings at 1,920 by 1,080 resolution, the Vybe's AvP score was playable (42fps) and Heaven was somewhat playable (37fps). With a little tweaking you should be able to fill a 24-inch monitor with beautiful HD vistas while stalking your prey on the game grid.

Enough from me......I can't write anymore..