I built my first computer today with following
P5B
C2D E6600
SATA HD
IDE DVD
1GBx2 DDR2-667
Zalman 9500 LED
BIOS ver.0509

When I boot, eveything seems to be fine except IDE DVD ROM DRIVE.
Bios POSTs. However I can't get my dvd rom to get recognized. I try to boot with Windows xp bootdisk (Both Floppy and CD) but it does not find DVD ROM at all. This DVD drive works in my other desktop.
Also I changed to CDROM which is working in other desktop, but it fails.
I've checked cable connections, but they are all fine.PATA/SATA controller enabled (JMicron).
Ican't find IDE device (dvd drive) in my bios setup screen. I see one recognized SATA HDD in SATA 1 slot.

Do you have any idea what is going on.

yieldan

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
Check the jumper on the dvd drive, and set it to master, that may help. Also, go to the boot order screen and see if the dvd drive shows up there, if it does set it to #1 in the boot order and see what happens.

tepa

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
Check the jumper on the dvd drive, and set it to master, that may help. Also, go to the boot order screen and see if the dvd drive shows up there, if it does set it to #1 in the boot order and see what happens.

Motherboard does not recognize DVD ROM ,more advises please.

If IDE connector is broken?

Wiz33

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
In the BIOS, check the JMicron controller. If it's set at anything other then IDE, your IDE bus is gone (so no optical drive).

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Probably - if on boot you don't see the JMicron ("press any key to continue") attached devices screen and it is set to IDE, your motherboard is bad.