Sign in with
Your question

3Dgameman -- reviewer or salesman?

Last response: in Site Feedback
May 9, 2007 8:31:34 PM

man, i cant stand this guy

Don't usually watch his garbage but just watched his Ideazon products video to see what he had to say about the ZBoard. His voice sounds like what you'd hear on a late night TV ad. But the best is "this mouse also has a gold plated USB connector for optimal conductivity, WHICH SHOULD RESULT IN LESS LATENCY" !! . What a blatent lie!! Like listening to a company rep. Not to dis the mouse, I don't know it, but these video 'reviews' are garbage.
May 24, 2007 4:03:21 AM

he's not a salesman or reviewer he is simply an idiot and a liar. only watch his his_hd_2900xt video and see what he is.
May 24, 2007 5:39:35 AM

Yeah I watched the 2900XT video then, 100% Kickass rating? I'm all for the excellent technology in the card and I think the performance is sufficient for todays games but what about the Noise? the heat? the pain in the ass 8 pin PCI power requirement? What about the price compared to the competition?

I don't think any of these video's have been that good. This bloke doesn't really get any where near the nitty gritty stuff, it's like it's a video for noobs.
May 24, 2007 7:14:12 AM

Lol!!!! This guy does a shitty impression. Seriously, I can't remember but the guy he's doing an impression of does A LOT of work. I hope he doesn't claim that as his own voice cause it's clearly stolen. What a f#cken joke. Two of the scores went up going from 16x12 4xaa to 19x12 2xaa. Lol, that was the suckiest vid I've seen in a while. Can you get sued for stealing someones voice style?
May 24, 2007 7:44:41 PM

That 2900XT review sucked.

320 SPs.. yeh sure.
May 25, 2007 2:38:48 PM

"100% Kickass rating"... :roll:

What´s AMD/ATi paying this guy?. The power requirements of the 2900 is insane - IMHO. A review isn´t worth much if it doesn´t incorporate an comparison between price/performance of competitive products.
May 25, 2007 4:12:47 PM

uncle pauly -- that is actually correct for the benchmarks -- check the full reviews to see.

But as for the reviewer -- I do wish he'd have said something like -- "if you have a AMD X2 CPU with 965P chipset, expect a 600 watt supply to be necessary, or if you have an Intel E6400 as in my review, you'll need xxxx power supply" or whatever. The logistal questions are not answered.

Further, is this faster than a 8800gts, the card it competes with (although at a 30+% higher price) ?
June 16, 2007 5:02:52 PM

Its easy to criticize, but I think you have to give the man more credit. Its not like you've reviewed anything? For the most part, the information he gives is accurate. I do admit there were some fundamental flaws left out of that 2900 review, but in the majority of the reviews they're just and unbiased.
June 17, 2007 5:39:35 AM

Quote:
Its easy to criticize, but I think you have to give the man more credit. Its not like you've reviewed anything? For the most part, the information he gives is accurate. I do admit there were some fundamental flaws left out of that 2900 review, but in the majority of the reviews they're just and unbiased.

You're right, there was no false info in there. I looked around and 4xAA does give a huge drop in fps compared to 2xAA, even a step higher in res. I will give no credit for the stolen voice style though... Well, A little. I was questioning if it was the real dude I heard on TV at first but then those outtakes solidified it wasn't for me.
July 13, 2007 6:46:20 AM

He gets this crap for free. It's obvious because he doesn't ever criticize it. "Oh sure" says company X. "We'll give you a free case/video card/whatever, because you'll say only good things about our product. I agree, nobody likes him.
July 25, 2007 5:04:49 PM

Eh, there's a reason he's not a host on 60 minutes.

I take what he says with a grain of salt.. the videos help to see basic dimensions of products and general features that I already know are there from the manufacturer specs.

However, the worst part of this guy is his delivery. Does he understand proper punctuation in sentences? A transcript of one of his videos would read like this:

Today I. Will be reviewing. The Antec. P190 case. This case has. two 140. Millimeter fans.

Good lord man, stop pausing between every 2-3 words. I have to watch his videos on mute. The only thing I get out of them is a silent 3D video to visualize the product. (Judging by the other remarks, they're probably better that way)
July 25, 2007 6:35:13 PM

I got a headache.
July 30, 2007 11:40:11 PM

I just recently started watching some of his stuff. But I have to admit, I like what I watched. Here's why...

1. Who watches a "gamer man" for reviews on the effeciency of stream processors over shader pipelines? --Seriously, get your facts from a reliable source, not a guy on youtube.

2. I only watched his reviews on things that are really hard to find. Like who in the world does a review (let alone a "video" review) of the Enermax Chakra Case that came out a long time ago? He showed everything the case had to offer, what could be done, the sounds to expect, etc. Couldn't find anything else on that case other than small reviews, but not video.

3. The guy looks like he loves what he's doing. Yeah, his pauses suck. The way he says "gamaman" is annoying. And the outtakes are enough to drive me through the wall. But the fact of the matter is, he has done a CRAP load of reviews on different things. Even things that aren't that mainstream that big sites wouldn't really care about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

S o what if the guy gets stuff for free or any other kick backs, he is providing video advertisement and opinions on each and every product he reivews. That is a LOT more than anyone else has done. Especially anyone complaining on a forums about "product x."

Give the guy a break. He found something that he enjoys doing that people will pay attention to. What have we done lately that gets the attention of thousands of people?

my two cents.
August 2, 2007 6:44:18 PM

Yeah, the desperate attempt to make himself not sound like he's saying "3Dgayman" is really annoying (dude, just say 3dgameman like a normal person, hold the "m" for an extra tic or something if you're really so afraid that people will think you're a homo). His review are mostly fluff but who else does video reviews of as many products as he does?
August 16, 2007 10:20:39 AM

he got only one brand videocard and one brand case on hiss(lol)site .
and yes he,s iritating me :pt1cable: 
!