Sign in with
Your question

Old Old AMD Athlon

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
September 17, 2006 8:35:08 PM

My parents bought a computer a few years ago which has been recently moved into the living room, I never relised though how much of a racket it made so Ive decided to change the cooler on it. Problem is im not quite sure what to replace it is. Im pretty sure that the motherboard for the comp is this one.

I hoped someone could recommend me a QUIET cpu hsf if it wasnt to much trouble. Very much thanks in advance.

More about : old amd athlon

September 17, 2006 8:59:10 PM

Well, you've got to figure out what makes all that noise and the candidates are CPU fan and power supply fan. When you have identified the part replace it.
September 17, 2006 10:04:29 PM

Yeah like I said I need some recommendations on a new hsf for cpu lol
Related resources
September 17, 2006 10:14:16 PM

Quote:
My parents bought a computer a few years ago which has been recently moved into the living room, I never relised though how much of a racket it made so Ive decided to change the cooler on it. Problem is im not quite sure what to replace it is. Im pretty sure that the motherboard for the comp is this one.

I hoped someone could recommend me a QUIET cpu hsf if it wasnt to much trouble. Very much thanks in advance.
The Thermalright SLK-900A is a great cooler for socket A. I have one,and i still love it. If you throw a low-speed 92mm fan on it, it will be silent and cool well. Unfortunately, they are getting hard to find. Maybe you can find one on eBay. GL :) 
September 17, 2006 10:29:56 PM

Thanks very much dude :D 
!